Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2020, 01:19 PM

Re: Isolation from Hospital Visits?

Ted, I am so sorry to hear of your poor DIL's problems, poor girl.
The seriousness of her health is worry enough, but to be isolated from family and loved ones as well is really sad.

I can only wish you all well, and hope she gets well enough to come home again real soon. x
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2020, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
So sorry about your daughter in law's situation. These are difficult times as hospital acquired Covid is on the rise. I hope with the vaccine rollout that such distressing situations will change over the next few months. Best wishes for her recovery and return to those who love her.
Thanks Annie,

This is exactly why this forum is so good, in my opinion.

People care.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2020, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ted, I am so sorry to hear of your poor DIL's problems, poor girl.
The seriousness of her health is worry enough, but to be isolated from family and loved ones as well is really sad.

I can only wish you all well, and hope she gets well enough to come home again real soon. x
Thank you, Mups.

If she gets home for Christmas, I might have to do something daft, outside her house, on the big day.

Maybe make myself a Santa suit?

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2020, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Ted I am sorry to hear about your Daughter in law, a terrible time to have to go into hospital for none C19 related conditions.

It must be awful for those who have no one to whom they can turn.
One thing many people don't realise is anyone who is lonely and in despair can ring the Samaritans, you don't have to be suicidal but they will ask 'the question ' as part of the conversation.
The maxim of the 'Sams' is 'Come quietly into my world and let me be ' and that applies to anyone who feels alone and in need of a bit of support.

My Daughter in laws father collapsed last Saturday night , he broke his arm and cut his head quite badly he was taken to hospital by ambulance . There was no one to operate on his arm till Monday and he also had to have tests to try to find why he collapsed.
He is still in there, doesn't answer his phone and information is hard to get hold of and of course no one can visit including his wife.
It is all very frustrating.

Wishing your DIL well and I hope she is home soon.

Meg, I can hardly believe the poor man went in on Saturday and yet no one was available to operate until the Monday!! Was it the surgeons's weekend off? Surely they don't only have one surgeon!

Why is he not answering his phone do you think, could it have run out of charge and he doesn't realise, or is he depressed and doesn't want to talk maybe?

What a worry for all concerned. I sincerely hope things improve quickly now. x
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

12-12-2020, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Thank you, Mups.

If she gets home for Christmas, I might have to do something daft, outside her house, on the big day.

Yes, do something daft Ted, good man. It will cheer her up.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2020, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Meg, I'm so sorry to hear about your DIL's father too. I hope he improves and is able to come home soon.
Thanks Mags

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Meg, I can hardly believe the poor man went in on Saturday and yet no one was available to operate until the Monday!! Was it the surgeons's weekend off? Surely they don't only have one surgeon!

Why is he not answering his phone do you think, could it have run out of charge and he doesn't realise, or is he depressed and doesn't want to talk maybe?

What a worry for all concerned. I sincerely hope things improve quickly now. x
Hi Mups I would not accept a wait like that for my dog I am afraid that is the standard from our local hospital these days and why I prefer to stay at home when ill unless it is a last resort.
I understand the phone is charged and he has a charger with him. He may be depressed or he may be sedated for the pain .
Ironically my DILs father was a Charge Nurse, a male ward sister in the same hospital before he retired and not one to
take any 'nonsense' lightly.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2020, 03:52 PM

Thank you, Mups.

Sounds good Ted but don't catch cold or anything else...
we don't want you in hospital.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2020, 04:01 PM

it is such an emotional time, I can't imagine all that your family has gone through. Speaking positively, your DIL came through all critical issues and hopefully will be home soon. Just that alone is a reason to celebrate.
Best of luck to you and the entire family. I think the Santa suit idea is wonderful.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

12-12-2020, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
it is such an emotional time, I can't imagine all that your family has gone through. Speaking positively, your DIL came through all critical issues and hopefully will be home soon. Just that alone is a reason to celebrate.
Best of luck to you and the entire family. I think the Santa suit idea is wonderful.
Thank you, Right Now!

Hope you have a Wonderful Christmas.

Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 06:51 PM

Thank you, Right Now!

Hope you have a Wonderful Christmas.

Thank you, Tedc. And you and your family as well.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top