Join for free
Page 626 of 1676 « First < 126 526 576 616 624 625 626 627 628 636 676 726 1126 1626 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 09:48 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Everyone needs a Cotton-ingon Bud.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I live two lives it seems to be
One is him and t’other is me
One is clever with some good friends
The other’s lifestyle all depends
On what life events come his way
A crisis looms up every day

So which is the one that’s really me
If I’m truthful there’s really three
Of us crowding this muddled psyche
Though acting alone is quite unlikely
Each day we set out all together
In sun and rain, every kind of weather

When on line I greet my fellow fourth
I wouldn’t be without him, of course
He writes in verse and writes in prose
What he means, gosh, no one knows
But mostly he writes from his heart
That is where a travail must start

So I take my hat off to all my friends
From the four of us.
That is brilliant RJ, is it your own work?

Here is my theory on who inhabits the human body. I think there are actually three of everyone in the one body, there’s the physical body itself, then you have the mind or brain, whatever you prefer to call it, then there is the mysterious thing that tells the brain what to think, the last thing is always in control of the other two. I never dismiss the possibility of a forth 'thing' like a demon squatting inside the odd few people.

For example, I want to think now about a toasted cheddar cheese sandwich, what made me think of that? There are those who would say that my stomach told me, I was hungry and it sent a message to the brain, but I’m not hungry, actually I’m quite full now having had a big dinner, so they would be wrong, and If the brain is supposed to cleverer than the stomach why didn’t the brain think of it first and send the message to the stomach?
Simple fact is that none of them thought of it at all until I did, me being the most important chap who pulls all the strings in this body, Mister 3 that’s me, me who tells the brain to send out the messages, makes all the big decisions and takes all the blame when things go wrong.
So there you have it in a nutshell, you tell the brain what to do, it does not tell you, it’s only a mass of grey matter after all.
But the big question still remains, who tells you?
No smart answers like ‘the wife’ please.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 10:31 PM

very deep and cheedary Jem - I think you've been looking into too many gem stones over the years and all you can see is reflections of yourself?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 10:35 PM

case in point: true story [I seen it on tv!] in usa - 15/16 yr old living in healthy middleclass family - wakes up one night takes out pistol from gun cupboard and shoots both parents point blank in head - they survive and recover well he is charge with lesser degree of harming with intent to injur and gets 15 yrs imprisonment - why did he choose to do it??

possessed momentarily - demon possessed - evil intent??
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 10:51 PM

Just came to say Goodnight.
I wish I hadn't read your post Gummy Bear.
Not at bedtime.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

30-04-2018, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Just came to say Goodnight.
I wish I hadn't read your post Gummy Bear.
Not at bedtime.
sweet dreams SP - hope ya don't get pistol whipped?? only kiddin!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
sweet dreams SP - hope ya don't get pistol whipped?? only kiddin!
Nah I am happy that you are happy.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

30-04-2018, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Nah I am happy that you are happy.
well I am happy that you are happy that I am happy - night John boy!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

30-04-2018, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
well I am happy that you are happy that I am happy - night John boy!!
Night Jim Bob
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

01-05-2018, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
That is brilliant RJ, is it your own work?

Here is my theory on who inhabits the human body. I think there are actually three of everyone in the one body, there’s the physical body itself, then you have the mind or brain, whatever you prefer to call it, then there is the mysterious thing that tells the brain what to think, the last thing is always in control of the other two. I never dismiss the possibility of a forth 'thing' like a demon squatting inside the odd few people.

For example, I want to think now about a toasted cheddar cheese sandwich, what made me think of that? There are those who would say that my stomach told me, I was hungry and it sent a message to the brain, but I’m not hungry, actually I’m quite full now having had a big dinner, so they would be wrong, and If the brain is supposed to cleverer than the stomach why didn’t the brain think of it first and send the message to the stomach?
Simple fact is that none of them thought of it at all until I did, me being the most important chap who pulls all the strings in this body, Mister 3 that’s me, me who tells the brain to send out the messages, makes all the big decisions and takes all the blame when things go wrong.
So there you have it in a nutshell, you tell the brain what to do, it does not tell you, it’s only a mass of grey matter after all.
But the big question still remains, who tells you?
No smart answers like ‘the wife’ please.
'he never references his posts - very sloppy are the 'ogs from 'ampshire

Page 626 of 1676 « First < 126 526 576 616 624 625 626 627 628 636 676 726 1126 1626 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top