Join for free
Page 76 of 505 « First < 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 176 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 04:05 PM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

Just found this advice on Facebook:

"IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - CORONAVIRUS
Last evening dining out with friends, one of their uncles, who's graduated with a master's degree and who worked in Shenzhen Hospital (Guangdong Province, China) sent him the following notes on Coronavirus for guidance:
1. If you have a runny nose and sputum, you have a common cold
2. Coronavirus pneumonia is a dry cough with no runny nose.
3. This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a temperature of just 26/27 degrees. It hates the Sun.
4. If someone sneezes with it, it takes about 10 feet before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne.
5. If it drops on a metal surface it will live for at least 12 hours - so if you come into contact with any metal surface - wash your hands as soon as you can with a bacterial soap.
6. On fabric it can survive for 6-12 hours. normal laundry detergent will kill it.
7. Drinking warm water is effective for all viruses. Try not to drink liquids with ice.
8. Wash your hands frequently as the virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes, but - a lot can happen during that time - you can rub your eyes, pick your nose unwittingly and so on.
9. You should also gargle as a prevention. A simple solution of salt in warm water will suffice.
10. Can't emphasise enough - drink plenty of water!
THE SYMPTOMS
1. It will first infect the throat, so you'll have a sore throat lasting 3/4 days
2. The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then the lungs, causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further.
3. With the pneumonia comes high fever and difficulty in breathing.
4. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you're drowning. It's imperative you then seek immediate attention.
SPREAD THE WORD - PLEASE SHARE"
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 04:11 PM

Can you direct me to where that FB post is please JBR ?
Good advice in it I think .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 05:01 PM

That contradicts other information on the virus. They don't know how long it survives on surfaces. So you sneeze without having a runny nose? You have nasal congestion but no runny nose?

The WHO have said not to look for information on social media.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Can you direct me to where that FB post is please JBR ?
Good advice in it I think .
I did, but it's been deleted I think. It's probably not allowed to post links.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 05:33 PM

Re point 6 in JBR's post .Wondering if it can live on the old £20 notes in circulation . Could you call paper a fabric ? Googling tells me The note is is made of a strong paper produced from cotton and linen rags.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 05:42 PM

If you avoid touching your face and wash your hands. after then you kill any virus. I think the likelihood of infection from inanimate objects is tiny. Handrails on buses and trains would be a higher risk as they have multiple turnover of users touching and leaving germs one after another. I try to use gloves if I have to touch them and thats just in general. The biggest risk for any virus is hugging and kissing at social gatherings. If you have a health condition then avoid the grandchildren as they are.most likely to spread the virus now a primary school teacher has been diagnosed.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 07:35 PM

JBR.

Thank you very good advice.

Shame your link was deleted.
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 08:27 PM

No one seems to have mentioned, this virus being a coronavirus, might be like other coronaviruses (Flu) seasonal.

And as temperatures rise in march/april the viruses subside.

I believe the real threat is it being very contagious, but thats just an opinion...... I remember how the world was going to end when Aids first appeared, remember, even warnings on the TV virtually every night.

I think media exaggeration from not really knowing what was going on, was worse then than now.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

01-03-2020, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by marciniak ->
No one seems to have mentioned, this virus being a coronavirus, might be like other coronaviruses (Flu) seasonal.

And as temperatures rise in march/april the viruses subside.

I believe the real threat is it being very contagious, but thats just an opinion...... I remember how the world was going to end when Aids first appeared, remember, even warnings on the TV virtually every night.

I think media exaggeration from not really knowing what was going on, was worse then than now.
I didn't think flu was a coronavirus. MERS & SARS are similar to Covid-19.

SARS was ended by hot weather. So let's hope this is the same.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 11:37 PM

Did read some ware that the sun gives vit d but also delete vit f. Lack of vit f stops the body from fighing off a viris.

Page 76 of 505 « First < 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 176 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top