Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2014, 02:58 PM

Borrowed me a ....

Having a grump and sadly decided to do it here rather than to the person it concerns

When someone lends you something they haven't borrowed you one - aahhhhh !

Anyone else despair sometimes at the English being written on some forums ??
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2014, 03:44 PM

Re: Borrowed me a ....

Not really Julie, I'm pretty good with that sort of thing, I know what they mean, usually .......
I have to cut some slack sometimes gal
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2014, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->

Anyone else despair sometimes at the English being written on some forums ??
Absolutely.

Sometimes it makes you cringe...
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2014, 04:32 PM

Yes, I frequently moan about punctuation because it can be very hard to read a lengthy post where there is none! I have commented in the past only to be met with....''Does it really matter, it's the content that counts'' well, excuse me but yes, it does!
We have a wonderful English language and we should try to use it properly.

I was speaking to someone the other day who said they would 'learn' me how to use a particular machine......no, I learn, you teach, oh nevermind!!!
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2014, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Not really Julie, I'm pretty good with that sort of thing, I know what they mean, usually .......
I have to cut some slack sometimes gal
Patsy, I sometimes read your posts and wish I could be more like you, you seem a lot more forgiving than I could ever be.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2014, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Yes, I frequently moan about punctuation because it can be very hard to read a lengthy post where there is none! I have commented in the past only to be met with....''Does it really matter, it's the content that counts'' well, excuse me but yes, it does!

I was speaking to someone the other day who said they would 'learn' me how to use a particular machine......no, I learn, you teach, oh nevermind!!!
to the last paragraph
As for punctuation now there, I agree.
Sometimes I have to read a post a couple of times to get whats being said. But I do mean in the pause sense, give us a comma now and then
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

14-04-2014, 04:44 PM

Patsy, I sometimes read your posts and wish I could be more like you, you seem a lot more forgiving than I could ever be.
Well thanks gal - I can get me dander up sometimes, so it has to be a bit much at that time ......
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2014, 08:23 PM

I ain't got none.

Should of. Would of.

*screams in frustration*
cranberry
Notts, UK

14-04-2014, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I ain't got none.

Should of. Would of.

*screams in frustration*
Oh, I'm screaming with you!!!
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2014, 08:59 PM

I agree...it saddens me that there are so many youngsters leaving school with poor basic language and grammar skills.

And text speak on forums!!!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top