Join for free
Page 57 of 79 « First < 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 11:42 PM

Re: Merged Facebook threads.

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
One of my sillier friends is addicted to the thing - to the extent that she photographs her meals and posts them on a wall - or something like that anyway.
Oh that's commonplace amongst the women I know (in real life). I see not only plates of food but such things as glasses of wine.

Why the hell post a picture of a glass of wine? I think we all know what a glass of wine looks like!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 06:36 AM

Hi

Any of you do it?

I have lots of things to sell, I did use Ebay, but it is very expensive with their fees and Paypal Fees.

Any experiences, tricks or tips?
Feey
Ireland
Feey is male  Feey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 07:10 AM

i have sold things through facebook but always become a member of the local groups buy and sell. i live in a small town called shannon so i joined "shannon buy and sell" also in the county of clare so added "clare buy and sell" to it. that way when you make a post the admins have to approve it does only take less than an hour to be approved and no fees whatsoever. so my advice to you is look for some local buy and sell on facebook. just had a quick look put shropshire buy and sell into facebook found about 8 groups in your area.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 07:21 AM

I sold a travel mattress topper on face-book recently. It took some selling but it went eventually - no problems.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 08:20 AM

I would never, ever sell anything on the Internet. Anything I don't want, I give to family if it is very valuable, or to the general public if it is an every day item.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 08:55 AM

I havent sold on facebook but when i downsized i sold loads on ebay i was surprised how quickly they sold and never any come back, l only sold to people who could collect though I didn't deliver or parcel post things...it worked well for me and I don't remember high fees.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 09:10 AM

I have been on Fb for years now and can quite honestly say that I have never ever posted pictures of food, drink or selfies.

I do belong to a closed gardening group and from time to time post photos of a particular plant in my garden etc. My settings are such that my page is locked as tightly as possible with no personal information. It is up to the individual how much information you want to put out there and can blame no-one but yourself if you dont take precautions.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 09:11 AM

I used to buy and sell quite a lot on ebay but now only buy because of the high selling commission and fees which, on expensive items, can make it quite uneconomic. Having said that though, it is still a handy site if you are having a proper clear out and don't need to make a profit, as items do tend to sell at bargain prices....
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 09:24 AM

I know Facebook is like a colander even though I have the highest privacy settings if your friends or family don't what's the point.

Actually I quite like those pointless posts they make me laugh...a pal sent a picture of his dinner the other day and all the comments about it were hilarious....it's just fun
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
I have been on Fb for years now and can quite honestly say that I have never ever posted pictures of food, drink or selfies.

I do belong to a closed gardening group and from time to time post photos of a particular plant in my garden etc. My settings are such that my page is locked as tightly as possible with no personal information. It is up to the individual how much information you want to put out there and can blame no-one but yourself if you dont take precautions.
I took every precaution possible - and still my PC was hacked from FaceBook - once bitten - cancel account!

Page 57 of 79 « First < 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top