Join for free
Page 65 of 79 « First < 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 > Last »
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 10:27 AM

Re: Merged Facebook threads.

I'm back on it since my school reunion

I think it has changed for the better
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Just try holding shift & pressing enter - much less fuss, no editing needed. Works for me.
Oh I can’t find shift or enter on my iPad. ????🤪
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Oh God! not enough hours in the day to frequent facebook.....
I only nick the funny bits from my husband's.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 09:31 AM

Last night I spent an hour on the phone chatting to a girl I started work with when we were both 15. We became best friends but then we had a bit of a quarrel & then I started another job & we lost touch. Thanks to face-book we are in touch again & plan to meet up for lunch when it can be arranged.

I am also on a face-book group for sufferers on Polymyalgia Rheumatica and I find the help & advice I receive on there to be invaluable.

I also belong to a group called 'Derbyshire Goldies' We meet for lunch at various venues and meet all sorts of people. I hit it off with a lady at one of the lunches last month & now she & I are planning to go to the pictures together to see 'Judy' when it comes out..

A lot of older people are prejudiced against Face-book & I don't know why. It's really improved my life.

I'd like to hear what others think.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 09:35 AM

Never been on Face-book, seen on TV the amount of problems it creates, especially bullying for school kids let alone child entrapment for devious means.

No I will stay well away from that thank you
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 09:55 AM

Facebook has some uses, like finding lost pets, re=establishing old friendships & sending quick messages, but you need to look into what else occurs on there!

Why would anybody want to be friends with strangers? Isn't that an easy way to con people?
I would never accept advice from somebody I don't really know, how can you be sure they are advising the right things? Better to ask a medical professional!

I appreciate that some people enjoy Facebook, but it certainly isn't for me as i don't want to share my life and activities with people I hardly know.

One lady I know had photos of her family used for other purposes. The culprit also tried to put them on this site, but her membership was quickly terminated once our Mods were advised....... Facebook is not so efficient!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Last night I spent an hour on the phone chatting to a girl I started work with when we were both 15. We became best friends but then we had a bit of a quarrel & then I started another job & we lost touch. Thanks to face-book we are in touch again & plan to meet up for lunch when it can be arranged.

I am also on a face-book group for sufferers on Polymyalgia Rheumatica and I find the help & advice I receive on there to be invaluable.

I also belong to a group called 'Derbyshire Goldies' We meet for lunch at various venues and meet all sorts of people. I hit it off with a lady at one of the lunches last month & now she & I are planning to go to the pictures together to see 'Judy' when it comes out..

A lot of older people are prejudiced against Face-book & I don't know why. It's really improved my life.

There are many people in my past I'd just as soon not communicate with, nothing sinister or ow't like that, but we are all different people now. Spending time on this forum is as much time as I want to spend with my head in a screen.....The world is a big place and I would like to spend more time init....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

I like Facebook for the most part. Had many a laugh with my friends in there and it's a brilliant way to keep in touch with my huge family in America.

I.ve met 3 wonderful people from America and 1 Canadian couple through games on Facebook and we have been friends for many years. We exchange Christmas cards and phonecalls , I m only sad to know we'll probably never meet in the flesh but we've enjoyed our virtual friendship. Kinda like here really, I ve never met any of you but I came to like you, well, most of you lol

Facebook doesn't have to be the evil thing some think it is, quite the contrary, it can be a great thing and for housebound and lonely people it can be a lifeline
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by carol ->

Hi Carol, I am on Facebook. The only "Friends" I have on there are members of our very large family.

The main reason I enjoy going on there a couple of times a week is because I joined a group called "Old Faces of " in the local town here. It started off with someone contributing an old black and white photo of themselves when they were young, stating which house they lived in and asking if there were any others who lived in that particular area around that time.

It was amazing how it quickly mushroomed, other people soon joined in with their own black and white photos, their name or maiden name and stating which number house they lived at. Then others, some living far away now, joined in with memories and photos of their own area of the town when they were young, It's amazing how many people remembered me and my family and I remembered them, old school friends, childhood friends. Sadly, there were some that I often wondered about and find they are no longer with us, but on the whole, it is wonderful to be once again in touch with each of them, see photos of them when young, and what they look like now, and what has happened to them in their lives.

I thoroughly enjoy being on it, with new people joining every day. People that I often wondered what happened to , have suddenly popped up on the Group.

The one thing that I find really disturbing about Facebook though, is the highly personal information that youngsters give away to the world to see, such as the dates they are going on holiday, plus the length of time they will be away,
These are mostly younger people who don't realise they are inviting thieves into their home in their absence. Clever would be thieves out there no doubt have already learned, thanks to their loose lips, the area they come from, easy to soon find out their address when they "Friend" just one of their other "Friends" who are more interested in letting others see just how many "Friends" they have and accept just about anyone, not caring that this gives that thief instant access to every single other "Friends" information.
That really is worrying.

If I saw any of my family doing such a thing as giving out useful information on there, I'm afraid I would be on to the phone to them straight away to tell them off.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 06:26 PM

Good grief.

Don't think I've ever see a thread go on for NINE years before.

Page 65 of 79 « First < 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top