Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 05:11 PM

Is nothing sacred ??

I read in the papers....

Middle-aged people should be warned there is "no safe level of alcohol consumption" and advised to curb drinking to reduce their risk of developing dementia, according to new official guidance.

The National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (Nice) guidelines for preventing the risks of dementia, disability and frailty suggest drinking alcohol is among several factors which can increase a person's vulnerability.

I am sick and tired of faceless committees trying to control every bit of our lives... I think I need a drink.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 05:15 PM

Re: Is nothing sacred ??

Same old thing - people get dementia although they've never touched alcohol
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
I read in the papers....

Middle-aged people should be warned there is "no safe level of alcohol consumption" and advised to curb drinking to reduce their risk of developing dementia, according to new official guidance.

The National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (Nice) guidelines for preventing the risks of dementia, disability and frailty suggest drinking alcohol is among several factors which can increase a person's vulnerability.

I am sick and tired of faceless committees trying to control every bit of our lives... I think I need a drink.
George I really don't care while it is sensible to take things in moderation life is too short to cut out all the things which make life fun
Now where is the Gin
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 05:18 PM

I enjoy a tot of whisky every evening helps me sleep. I don't take any notice of these so called experts enjoy yourselves while your still able to.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 05:19 PM

I just dont bother reading any of these so called reports about what we should or shouldnt be doing ,its getting very tedious to be told this is good and that is bad ,just let everyone alone..
Most people know what they should and shouldnt be eating and drinking everything in moderation unless you have a medical condition that you cant.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 05:21 PM

We'll soon be told water's bad for Us next...I eat & drink what I bliddy well please...Ye die if Ye do..and Ye die if Ye don't!...Do They really expect Us auld Dears to live on vegetables and fruit :~(
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 05:46 PM

Oh poo....

I think if you dont drink, dont smoke, dont take risks, and dont have sex you dont live any longer it just sure as hell feels like it!
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
We'll soon be told water's bad for Us next...I eat & drink what I bliddy well please...Ye die if Ye do..and Ye die if Ye don't!...Do They really expect Us auld Dears to live on vegetables and fruit :~(

Funny you should mention water

APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 05:55 PM

I agree with all the above, all these experts telling us what is what , and probably being paid a shedload of money into the bargain.
Leave us alone.I just get on with things and ignore them.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Funny you should mention water

EEK! I knew it...just shoot Me now ;~)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top