Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2013, 06:11 PM

Re: Composting!

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Thanks for your input folks.
An old gardener once told me to pee on the compost heap, it accelerates the process, personally I wouldn't fancy doing that!

And if you pee around the garden it should keep foxes away
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2013, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
And if you pee around the garden it should keep foxes away
Wouldn't it be better to pee into a container first and then sprinkling it around after? I mean my next door neighbour would probably call the police if I just whipped it out uninvited/unexpected like .

*note to self*
*you have definitely gone a bit crude lately - cut it out!*
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 04:27 PM

Just come in from the garden after a very pleasant day, getting the site ready, and cutting up some wood I used on my pergola which is no more.
You can't beat a pleasurable bit of gardening, very therapeutic.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 08:26 AM

Oh dear! I have now having to revert to plan B, the pallets offered are blue pallets and they belong to a company called Chep.
So not wishing to get myself into problems, I shall revert to making one and to get a couple of the black composters.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Oh dear! I have now having to revert to plan B, the pallets offered are blue pallets and they belong to a company called Chep.
So not wishing to get myself into problems, I shall revert to making one and to get a couple of the black com posters.
You must have the same device as me. Every time I type in 'composter' it appears as com posters! There you are, it did it again!! effortlessly.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

22-08-2013, 11:28 AM

Strange I altered that, but when I submit, it reverts to com posters.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

05-10-2013, 11:57 AM

Well it is gradually filling up, more next weekend when we clear some old plants out.
One thing I have noticed I have maggots in the compositor, and loads of small flies, can't imagine why we haven't put any meat or fish waste in!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

02-03-2014, 07:42 PM

I spent the last two days cutting down overhanging branches from the fence, which as to be renewed shortly, and I finished up shredding it all as well.
Well pleased with the Bosch shredder Barry, it ate the job in no time at all.
Hoping for some more dry days to finish off the job.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2014, 10:24 PM

I had a look at my composters recently. The wooden one's contents have shrunk nicely. Don't know how: I'm always topping it enormously. I sat on a chair the other day and scooped lots of stuff out to sprinkle on the ground. In a couple of weeks I will have a darn good go, and I think the plastic bin has more at the base ready to come out.

Annoyingly we have just had 3 compost deliveries (steaming away nicely!!) and I can't risk moving any to my plot, in my crucial stage of late recovery! It's only the matter of a couple of hundred yards but even so. I'm not going to be silly.

As our secretary said, because we have good access and a paved path, we are very lucky to get these deliveries.

If it's still there when I come home I might ask someone to help.

Next lot is not due till May.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2014, 10:09 AM

I emptied one of our heaps yesterday onto the front garden borders and turned the other one over to get some air into it. Like Wrinkly we have plenty of shreddings to start a new heap at the moment as Mrs.P. is giving the trees and shrubs their early spring trim...

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top