Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2014, 09:22 PM

Re: Greenhouse

I couldn't live without my lawn, I need the greenery around me. When we moved into this house we had to dig up around 200 heavy paving slabs and lay turf.
The mower is cleaned by the other half, after all I do the hard work, cutting, trimming. hoeing, planting.........
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2014, 11:59 AM

Cleaning the mower not a bad job! tell that to my hubby LOL

although the garden is gravelled and paved you cant see much of it cos of all the trees/bushes/ornaments and we have a large pond with 15 carp in!
It does look nice and we don't miss the lawn.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2014, 04:56 PM

It arrived today
Glass is in the hall, until the weather brightens, it is pouring with rain at the moment
It will eventually be erected at the end of the garden but as I said before, it is very wet and squelchy there. We believe half of the problem for the water retention, is that an enormous crack willow (maybe 200 yrs old ) which is growing in a land drain, looks to be on its' way out, so isn't taking up the quantity of water it used to

We will overcome that problem
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2014, 05:21 PM

I'm sure you will, you'll have to post piccies when it's up
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2014, 06:35 PM

Ooooooo! What are you planting first? Bare in mind, I now have to live through you until I get one!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2014, 07:13 PM

When I retired I dug half the lawn up for the vegetable and fruit beds and greenhouse, but we still have a patch of lawn which is a lovely place to sit in summer..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2014, 07:18 PM

It arrived today
Are you putting it up yourselves Janela do be careful..

It has just come in time for the cold weather .
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2014, 01:47 PM

Pictures, I'll ask my son .. I'm a numb nuts
And yes Meg, our intention was to do it ourselves BUT I'm not up to it yet .. (bl**dy cellulitis )
Hubby is very independent, won't ask for help but will happily pay someone to help .. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there is an ad at the surgery for a handy man.

My plants in the old greenhouse are doing ok but there are a couple of leaks now, and the floor is dodgy. It didn't flood much but we did dig a trench at the side last year.

I'm thinking of less lawn too Barry .. would like another shingle and stone area. (easy maintenance)
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK

26-02-2014, 10:48 AM

Wal has decided to sit on the patio in the sunshine and start assembling the greenhouse in sections.
One piece at a time, only on sunny days

I think it is a good idea and our son has offered a weekend to come and get it erected....probably next month (when is Easter?) oh, that's end of April Well, that is fine, I'm not rushing him but he is keen too.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 11:31 AM

Funnily enough I just opened a Greenhouse website ; also a Summerhouse and Shed one too, but I better not post the urls here .

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top