Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2014, 04:39 PM

Re: More potty EU decisions?

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Nothing coming out of Brussels surprises me, they have an entire four story building over there devoted to nurturing and developing cuckoo ideas, any ideas that keep the peoples minds off the big picture, remember the straight banana and the square tomato, the orange sprouts and the rectangular potato, supposedly to make packing and shipping to member states handier. Rumour has it the next item on the agricultural sections Disneyland menu is the grading of horse manure, a fella who works for a big stable was telling me there will be three categories, day old, week old, and longer but no longer than 1 month. I supposed this is to be welcomed in a way, they eventually got around to realising what they are all about...Horse shit.
Well I'm not surprised nothing surprises you if you believe all those myths spun by our beloved media and dismissed by Snopes almost as quickly as the press can make them up.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2014, 10:11 PM

I heard there were products called "Cutlass" and "Stop Grow" for restricting hedge growth, now this is up my alley I thought as I have a lot of hedge to cut come the good weather, looking for it on the internet I see the EU has banned it, just my luck when I only heard of the products yesterday, bah!
seaspirit
stowmarket suffolk
seaspirit is female  seaspirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2014, 11:18 AM

it nis a plot to make Britain dependent on the badly run E.U. farms
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2014, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by seaspirit ->
it nis a plot to make Britain dependent on the badly run E.U. farms
I would like to think they are that clever but sadly I am not so sure they have any plan at all these days.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2014, 03:08 PM

This thread is on the same lines as the one I started in September.
I can't see why the EU feel the need to interfere.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2014, 08:21 PM

Was so angry when Cutlass disappeared I used it on a very long hedge and it did seem to restrict its growth. We sold the house and I think the hedge was replaced by fencing, wise move!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2014, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Is there any wonder that most folks want to leave the EU and put an end to this continual interference in matters of no consequence, which I'm sure only continues because of the need to justify their own existence on the gravy train......
And I can confirm by actual experience that the countries that make up Eastern Europe will not even try to enforce such stupid EU laws.

Do you remember the bird flu outbreak a few years back a result of that was the EU said all chickens had to be keept in a secure enclosure and not allowed to roam outside the farm.

Well today, on our 20 Km. journey into town (and back) three times I had to swerve to avoid chickens loose on the road. The local peasant farmers have never keept their birds in proper chicken houses and have always allowed them to roam around during the day, they don't care one jot about EU laws, they loose some to the foxes, but they don't seem to care much about that either
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2014, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I heard there were products called "Cutlass" and "Stop Grow" for restricting hedge growth, now this is up my alley I thought as I have a lot of hedge to cut come the good weather, looking for it on the internet I see the EU has banned it, just my luck when I only heard of the products yesterday, bah!
Don't worry Jem, you can still buy it in Eastern Europe, the name will be different but the product will be the same

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top