Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2014, 05:45 PM

Re: The Season Has Begun.

I did the same with osteospermums Alan, and I took some cuttings, which are in the greenhouse. They are all doing fine too.
I haven't got my sweet peas yet Mups but my daughter fell for a navy one in my catalogue ... so maybe I'll give them a go.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2014, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Hi Mups, I have some Osteospernums in my flower bed and I decided to leave them in and see what happens. They have survived the winter (so far) and just need cutting back a little.

That's interesting Alan, perhaps you were lucky because we've had very little frost this winter? It says on my seed packet "Half hardy perennial, but best treated as half hardy annual".
They're very pretty flowers aren't they.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2014, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
I did the same with osteospermums Alan, and I took some cuttings, which are in the greenhouse. They are all doing fine too.
I haven't got my sweet peas yet Mups but my daughter fell for a navy one in my catalogue ... so maybe I'll give them a go.

How did you do the cuttings Janela? What time of year, and did you have to use rooting hormone?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2014, 03:31 PM

Im continuing to buy climbers , to day i got a white Jasmine ,scented and evergreen,from Morrison for £2..over the years I've bought several garden plants from Morrisons and I've never been disappointed..
I got a Hebe two year ago and split it into three I've now got them flowering , and they only cost a couple of quid.BOGOF
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-02-2014, 10:56 PM

Are there any expert Dahlia growers here?
Has anyone started their's off in pots yet, or is it best to wait till March do you think?
Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top