Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2014, 12:30 PM

Re: In the Garden at last!

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Plum tree reclining safely against the conifers ~ problem sorted for now

You need a strong man to saw/chop that tree down for you Rachel
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2014, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
You need a strong man Rachel

Yep I'll go along with that
ZsaZsa
Miskolc Hungary
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2014, 07:10 PM

Too early to start gardening here as we're about a month behind you. So far there's only a green haze on the trees and the syringa and forsythia in my front garne are just coming into bud. A few crocus out but nothing else. The tulips and daffodils won't be in flower until next month. I've bought all my veggie seeds and my seed potatoes and the tomato seeds are just begining to germinate in pots on my window sill. Today at the GC I bought a pussy willow tree as well as some privet which I want to plant against the wire fence as a shield against the wind and the snow.

Roll on April and better weather!
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2014, 07:21 PM

I have been in my garden most of the day, fixing a fence post, cutting the grass and feeding it, pressure washing the paving and clearing the garage so now just chilling with my feet up a bit.......but doesn't it make you feel good to be out in the sunshine.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2014, 11:40 AM

I was saying in another post that I started tidying up in the garden yesterday.

There is so much to do and there are so many flowers popping their heads out to be seen, got a good lot of Daffodils so far this year. I was beginning to think I had put them in upside down.

Love to see the colour coming out in the garden.
emcee61
hants UK
emcee61 is male  emcee61 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2014, 12:24 AM

runner sticks up, seeds in a month early but I do have someone who will give me some back up plants later in the year..so it's ok.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2014, 09:52 AM

Spent another nice day in the garden yesterday, my new fence job is still ongoing, we haven't a fence at the end of the garden, awaiting the making off, so we have a gap with 12 panels missing.
I knocked up a gate for my neighbour yesterday, and did saw more tidying up, going out there shortly to burn that that won't compost.
"Please don't stop shining Sun."
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2014, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
I was saying in another post that I started tidying up in the garden yesterday.

There is so much to do and there are so many flowers popping their heads out to be seen, got a good lot of Daffodils so far this year. I was beginning to think I had put them in upside down.

Love to see the colour coming out in the garden.
My daffodils are almost all blind this year But at least I am slowly making inroads into the jungle that is my garden.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 09:48 PM

Ha ha! We're still under snow. We've had quite a snowy winter this past year but it's beginning to melt.

Still too cold to garden but this year, I'm just planting container annuals. I'm going to try some Sweet Pea & Stocks seeds. Has anyone planted these from seed & were you successful?
emcee61
hants UK
emcee61 is male  emcee61 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 10:44 PM

Have peas coming up (peas to eat straight from pod) in south England. : )

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top