Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
emcee61
hants UK
emcee61 is male  emcee61 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 10:46 PM

Re: In the Garden at last!

I always grow old style sweet pea flowers, they smell good..the hardy everlasting type have no scent.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 11:38 PM

I've got a fair amount of seeds starting off in the greenhouse at the allotment. My raised bed has been topped up with manure: I need to dig out some more compost from the bins if I can. We're expecting a delivery in about 6 weeks but I'm hoping to get started planting out before then.

The ground bed is still in need of digging and weeding, and tidying. I'd like to donate a blackcurrant bush to another plotholder because it's taking up room. Or will do when it grows and fruits. I have bags of the stuff in the freezer, and I have two other bushes that can stay.

Will probably go back there tomorrow and have a go. Did a stint in the trading shed today and so no time to work on the beds.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2014, 10:36 AM

Spent 5 hours repairing my raised beds yesterday so I can use them soon!

I built them myself but unfortunately the main support posts have rotted far more than I expected, despite a good coating when I built the thing.

I've had to use umpteen right-angle brackets to hold all the slats to each other now but I've still to finish off if I get the chance today, which looks less likely as the morning goes on with family popping around for Mother's Day soon - they just don't surface much before 10 normally and I've got to get more screws etcetera yet plus other things I'll have to do until I can get back to it!

The bad weather has almost always been over weekends until lately so not only have I got this job but I've got to replace a post that's rotted too that holds up a trellis, fix the fence at the back and replace the screen that's been ripped to shreds by the winds over the past few weeks - it's now obvious how the fox just walked into the garden!

Still to do too is the back lawnmower shed that's rotted across the roof and the whole thing need replacing now!
stevmk2
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2014, 03:33 PM

Its not what you would call a bad winter but it has been very damp, actually its been wet all winter so things will rot. Today we were promised a lovely day but again its been very foggy and cold.Maybe we will get the better winter when April arrives.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2014, 03:42 PM

Someone who used to be friends with me lives in St.Helens & always mentioned torrential rain this past winter. Maybe there has been more moisture in the air this past winter because we, in Ontario can't remember a snowier season (at least not that I can remember).
Verona
New Member!
US
Verona is female 

31-03-2014, 05:27 AM

I already have seeds planted in pots indoors and some have started already. It seems right after I planted them we had a little sun, now rain and cold weather for a while. This is my first time starting from seed, I'll see what happens! I'm also planning on planting organic herb plants for drying and making medicinal tinctures for the first time.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2014, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Verona ->
I already have seeds planted in pots indoors and some have started already. It seems right after I planted them we had a little sun, now rain and cold weather for a while. This is my first time starting from seed, I'll see what happens! I'm also planning on planting organic herb plants for drying and making medicinal tinctures for the first time.
Hello Verona welcome.What kind of seeds have you planted ...
Verona
New Member!
US
Verona is female 

31-03-2014, 06:26 AM

Thank you Meg! Lets see I planted Non-Hybrid & GMO seeds including beets, acorn squash, carrots, radishes, tomatoes, spinach, spring lettuce, kale, broccoli, basil, cilantro and jalapeno peppers so far. I still want to plant more herbs and onions. I'm hoping they will all make it, if not I'll get some young plants to replace them.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2014, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Verona ->
Thank you Meg! Lets see I planted Non-Hybrid & GMO seeds including beets, acorn squash, carrots, radishes, tomatoes, spinach, spring lettuce, kale, broccoli, basil, cilantro and jalapeno peppers so far. I still want to plant more herbs and onions. I'm hoping they will all make it, if not I'll get some young plants to replace them.
Hi Verona that sounds very productive, I hope they all do well. I only have a small garden so can't grow a lot.

You must try to post some photographs when they get growing .
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2014, 08:29 PM

That's quite an amount Verona! Good luck

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top