Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2014, 04:18 PM

Re: Moss

Can't say we ever minded it much it stays green even when we have no rain and positively loves the rain too. Hardly needs any cutting either.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2014, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Every spring I always treat my lawns to a "feed and weed" mixture, it seems to do the trick.
Verdone is what I use - seems to work too but I have tried a Weed & Feed mixture in the past that I got from Wilkinsons and that was very good.

For some reason I can't find that anymore in Wilkinsons, just like I can't find Weedol 2 - rain-proof after 10 minutes and neutralised when it hits soil - perfect for home gardeners and those of us with limited time available outside!

Not for lawns of course but I'm just making the point.

I just don't have the luxury of planning when I spray weedkiller around the UK's rainfall!

It's all Weedol Rootkill Plus in the shops now for some reason and that's no good to me! stevmk2
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2014, 06:54 PM

A light going over with a scarifying rake before and after each mowing and a feed and weed is the way I treat it, takes a week or two but eventually the moss disappears. I don't like moss so will not leave it in my lawn, it bugs my OCD!!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2014, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
My lawn isn't grass anymore it seems; moss has completely taken over. Nice and spongy underfoot though and it is still green so what the heck .
That is my attitude too. If it is green I am happy, onion weed, clover all is welcome. the only thing I draw the line at are bindiis because I do like to be able to walk on it in bare feet.

MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2014, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
no mowing then ? sounds good to me
No such luck as there is still grass there. It is only after I have cut the grass is the thick layer of moss evident. Mind you I do leave the grass get a bit long before the assault takes place.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2014, 09:09 AM

No such luck as there is still grass there. It is only after I have cut the grass is the thick layer of moss evident. Mind you I do leave the grass get a bit long before the assault takes place.
Ah so you do have a lawn Mark on which you could have a line to dry the washing
You could do a bit of running on the spot while you hang out the washing to help with your exercise regime
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2014, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
You could do a bit of running on the spot while you hang out the washing to help with your exercise regime
Very true.

See how normal my answers can be at times - not a 'wum' in sight . Then again ...
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2014, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Oh yes ... and all that bending down and stretching up .... sorted
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

15-03-2014, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Oh yes ... and all that bending down and stretching up .... sorted
Nothing but a pair of slave drivers .
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2014, 10:08 AM

Nothing but a pair of slave drivers .
nah we're trying to look after you ... we are sensible

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top