Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2014, 05:27 PM

Re: Hanging baskets

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Lol @ Honey, yes they need the money!! Actually I took something back to a poundshop to exchange the other day and had the devil of a job, I know it's only £1 but if it's no good they can have it back!!

I returned some of those garden solar lights as they didn't last a day, they replaced them but after a few weeks they've died, you only get what you pay for.
I bought some that change colour from B&Q more than a year ago and they're still going strong, they're quite big and beautiful
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2014, 05:36 PM

Yes, the solar lights are a problem. I want one for the wall by the side door but the ones I've seen are very expensive and after ordering a new door, I'm skint!!
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2014, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I returned some of those garden solar lights as they didn't last a day, they replaced them but after a few weeks they've died, you only get what you pay for.
I bought some that change colour from B&Q more than a year ago and they're still going strong, they're quite big and beautiful
Yes I bought some at WalMart a couple of years ago for 2 bucks each. They're the ones that change colour too & we leave them out in the winter & at Christmas it looks like pretty Christmas lights up the night path!
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2014, 05:45 PM

Dollar stores do not accept returns and there's signs stating so. Some of our chain stores like Dollarama are quite big & have a reputation so their products are pretty good but the prices have been creeping up as well to $2 & $3 for some items. Other things are still $1 but perhaps there's a little less in the pkg, etc. Sneaky ar**ho***, the manufacturers think we're stupid & won't notice! Still depending what it is can be a very good deal nonetheless.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2014, 05:56 PM

I loved the dollar shops when I visited the USA and brought home lots of their crap
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2014, 06:13 PM

A change from ours though, eh?!

I like a browse round the Euro shops in Spain, too.....different again.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

27-04-2014, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I loved the dollar shops when I visited the USA and brought home lots of their crap
Ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha
'we' have crap too ya know!
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

27-04-2014, 07:00 PM

oh there's crap the world over but I can only speak for Spain, USA,Malta and the UK

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top