Join for free
Page 468 of 487 « First < 368 418 458 466 467 468 469 470 478 > Last »
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2021, 05:35 PM

Re: Over 50's Wales club (part 6)

Managed a bit of sweeping up outside - with the help of youngest grandson - certainly can't do much of that on my own. As a reward we had ribs for lunch, much to his delight!

Just had the strangest phone call from the Surgery. "As Robert is on our shielding list, is there anything we can help you with at all?"
Me: Well I'm still waiting for him to have his second jab.
Surgery: Ah well, that's for the District Nurses to organise.
Me: What did you have in mind?
Surgery: Pavo for instance - help with collecting prescriptions etc.

How do you suppose we've been managing for the past year?????

Unbelievable!!!
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 12:27 PM

Sunny morning but the wind is chilly.
Bedding out on the line with loads of pegs.
The church railings opposite have yellow ribbons and yellow hearts on them in memory of the people lost during the past year due to covid.It's been such a strange year since the first lock down.
Stable door-horse bolted comes to mind about the phone call from your surgery Sue.
Hope you're ok Jac.
Stay safe.
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 01:08 PM

Still coping girls and enjoying TV . Watching Bates Motel,very good. Its on I-Player.
Keep safe xx
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 01:10 PM

Very breezy here too, but at least the sun is mostly shining. Trying to contact SSE with my Church Treasurer's hat on, but they are playing hard to get. They seem to think we owe them £20 - I think not! This is going to be a saga I can see.

Grandson hasn't arrived yet as he had to help his Dad load the last two pigs for their last trip down the road. Making him fish fingers for lunch to take his mind off them...... But we are all looking forward to the sausages/sausage meat
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 09:38 AM

Showery this morning but managed a dry walk.
Put yellow heart in the window yesterday in memory of the lives lost during the last year,so sad for the families.
Obelisk for the garden arrived this morning,needs two people to put it together so will have to ask son nicely to help.
Window cleaning on the agenda today.
Keep safe.
Sweetsue
midWales

24-03-2021, 02:23 PM

No grandson today, he's gone to play golf with his buddies! Had the nurse who deals with staff training for Rob's peg feed here for refreshers this morning. Thought she'd never go......

Back to watching snooker on the box, but having to put an electric fire on in here. Don't need the heating on at the back of the house but the front is a different matter!

Really enjoying my bread out of the new machine, but can see I will have to ration myself strictly!
Sweetsue
midWales

25-03-2021, 08:01 PM

Hardly at home today. Went to take eldest grandson from school (tutors had signed him off on his work) to a farm where he goes to help sometimes. I'd never been there before - to say it was off the beaten track is the understatement of the year. To get back home I came right over the mountain - I had been on that road before but not for a very long time. The views were beautiful, lambs and daffodils everywhere. Down in the valley there are lots of primroses now. Then after lunch DIL phoned to ask if I wanted to go for a ride with her to pick up the pigs (or to be more accurate, the joints and sausages). That was lovely too, except that Chris was feeling the effects of his golf and playing rugby with his brother yesterday and was nursing his aches and pains in the back seat! Never known him so quiet.
rhosyn
South Wales

26-03-2021, 09:42 AM

Got a soaking out walking earlier,wasn't too bad at the start then the heavens opened.
Granddaughter and children coming this afternoon.
We can travel anywhere in Wales from tomorrow.Where to go?!
No doubt Welsh people will be Scottish tonight.Good luck Scotland.
Keep safe.
Sweetsue
midWales

26-03-2021, 12:15 PM

Could hear the rain lashing against the window while in the bathroom this morning, but it has all cleared now and the sun is shining. (I haven't bothered to put the washing out though, my forecast for today is not good.
The breadmaker is chugging away. Very pleased with it so far, looking forward to trying some of the more exotic recepies.
rhosyn
South Wales

27-03-2021, 09:44 AM

We are the champions!Scotland played well last night,didn't watch the whole match but so glad they beat French for their sake and ours.
Had a nice afternoon with the little ones yesterday.They went away with colouring books and a small Easter egg each.Granddaughter had a big Easter egg(to share?with her husband)
No plans for the weekend.
Stay safe.

Page 468 of 487 « First < 368 418 458 466 467 468 469 470 478 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top