Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 12:47 PM

Tesco refused to help disabled customer

due to new unannounced anti-coronavirus rules.

Something else many of us may need to bear in mind even if we can manage to get a slot for a home delivery!

copied and pasted from a live news blog

TESCO DELIVERY DRIVER 'REFUSES TO HELP DISABLED CUSTOMER UNPACK SHOPPING DUE TO ANTI-CORONAVIRUS POLICY'

A disabled Tesco customer claims a delivery driver refused to help unpack a months worth of shopping due to its “anti-coronavirus policy”, leaving her “crying from pain” while doing it herself as the driver just stood there and watched.

Maxine Green suffers with a knee condition that leaves her on crutches thanks for a “crumbling bone” and usually gets help from Tesco delivery drivers.

But the 38-year-old was forced to carry a mountain of full crates into her living room alone last Thursday because the delivery man reportedly claimed he couldn't cross the doorstep due to a “coronavirus ban”.

She claims the Tesco driver placed a “pile of crates almost as tall as [her]” at her front door – before “apologetically” revealing he could not help her unpack.

Maxine was then forced to carry the “heavy” boxes alone while the driver watched her 'upturn' them on her sofa, all while “hobbling along”, struggling without crutches.

Tesco initially ignored her complaint, though a Tesco spokesperson said that their only anti-coronavirus policy was regarding customers who were self-isolating.

Maxine, from Levenshulme, Greater Manchester, said: “I literally closed the door after the delivery driver left, sat down on the floor because the sofa was covered in groceries, and cried from the pain.

“I kept asking him if there were any exceptions and he said repeatedly that he wasn't allowed to [help].

“He made it clear that he wanted to help but wasn't allowed to.

“It's deeply unreasonable and unfair for any organisation to impose such broad changes in policy without considering the impact on those who most need their services, and even worse to do so without advertising the change.”

“It seems especially unfair that an able-bodied customer shopping in store can choose to buy bags for their shopping, but because I am forced to rely on home delivery I am not allowed to do so.

“It would have needed so little effort simply to put a note on the website so that disabled customers could make an informed choice.”

A Tesco spokesperson said that customers would be able to let their driver know if they were self-isolating via the delivery notes and groceries would be left in an appropriate place.

However they said no policy was in place forbidding drivers to enter customers' homes if they were not self-isolating and they would be free to help unpack groceries for customers as per their usual guidelines.

The spokesperson said: “We’re sorry to hear about this and we will look into what happened.”

END OF QUOTE

Susan
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 12:53 PM

Re: Tesco refused to help disabled customer

How very sad - poor woman.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 12:58 PM

Horrid wee beast.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Horrid wee beast.
Sorry, sensible rule and sensible guy.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 02:32 PM

No compassion in some areas!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I think you are on your own here Todgy, it was a despicable thing to do to watch someone in such pain struggle like that.

I don't know what happened to you in your life but whatever it is has made you a very hard and selfish man and I am truly sorry for you. I know you won't want my pity but all the same. Find some compassion in your heart and I think you will be a much happier person.

I'm not attacking you, I'm saying it as I see it, I think if you look deep enough you will find there is a good heart in there somewhere.

Back to the topic, that driver must have no compassion, never in a million years could I watch someone struggle like that. I hope he gets reprimanded.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I think you are on your own here Todgy, it was a despicable thing to do to watch someone in such pain struggle like that.

I don't know what happened to you in your life but whatever it is has made you a very hard and selfish man and I am truly sorry for you. I know you won't want my pity but all the same. Find some compassion in your heart and I think you will be a much happier person.

I'm not attacking you, I'm saying it as I see it, I think if you look deep enough you will find there is a good heart in there somewhere.

Back to the topic, that driver must have no compassion, never in a million years could I watch someone struggle like that. I hope he gets reprimanded.
I'm neither hard or selfish, just always highly focused on what is important.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 03:44 PM

I don't know which was worst.

Tesco's new rule in place without consideration for who might be the Customers..

Or the delivery driver who failed to man up.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 03:44 PM

Poor woman A pity he didn't think of asking her if he could fetch a neighbour to help her.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
It isn't a rule.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top