Join for free
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2020, 07:18 AM

A sea of Bluebells

My local woods, which I consider to be a part of my garden, is a sea of Bluebell leaves at the moment. I'm glad to see the flowers are maintaining their Social Distancing rules by staying two metres apart. Of course that will not last for much longer. There will soon be a carpet of blue in the days to come. Can't wait to see that again. An absolute joy to behold.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2020, 08:42 AM

Re: A sea of Bluebells

Sounds lovely EZ, I’ll look forward to some photos from you soon

I haven’t seen a sea or bed of bluebells since my childhood days when we were surrounded by fields and woodland.
I remember picking armfuls to take home to my mum.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2020, 08:59 AM

Just noticed the bluebells in the copse down the lane are coming out this morning

They make me think of the birth of my son, he was born in April when the woods in Dorset where I lived at the time were full of bluebells...
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2020, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Just noticed the bluebells in the copse down the lane are coming out this morning

They make me think of the birth of my son, he was born in April when the woods in Dorset where I lived at the time were full of bluebells...
Hi Meg. We lived in Dorset for around six years and left there around six years ago. Ever heard of Three Legged Cross? That's where we lived. I worked for Haskins garden centre at the time.

Take care and stay safe Meg.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2020, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Hi Meg. We lived in Dorset for around six years and left there around six years ago. Ever heard of Three Legged Cross? That's where we lived. I worked for Haskins garden centre at the time.

Take care and stay safe Meg.
Hi Ezy yes I have heard of Three Legged Cross. I lived on the other side of the County near Dorchester in West Stafford, Cerne Abbas, and Piddletrentide all in a short time... it's a long story...
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2020, 11:29 AM

One of my favourite countryside walks starts at a village called Calder Vale, a village located on the edge of the Forest of Bowland in Lancashire. It lies on the River Calder in a deep valley with only a single road providing vehicular access.

The village was founded by Quakers Jonathan and Richard Jackson, and in 1835 a cotton-weaving mill — the Lappet Mill — was built, powered by the River Calder. The mill and mill pond still exist and Lappet Mill is still working as a cotton mill. One of its main products, surprisingly is the red, black and white checked cloth used for Arab headscarves.

Every Sunday in May, from 11am to 5pm many volunteers, including members of the WI host The Bluebell Teas, in Calder Vale Village Hall! All foods are locally made and there are also other local produce for sale such as home made jams, locally grown rhubarb, local eggs and photo cards of the bluebells and other local wildlife and nature!

Here's a Facebook link with some photos:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3208785&type=3

You don't have to log in to view the photos - click on one to enlarge the set.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey

11-04-2020, 02:39 PM

Roll on the days when people will be able to come together in wonderful tearooms like this one and enjoy each others company once again.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top