Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 05:05 PM

Re: Would You Wear Ribbons To Indicate You Are Social Distancing?

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Ain't got enough hair for a ribbon BTW.
Get one already attached to a syrup.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 06:02 PM

If someone who feels vulnerable wants to wear one ...why not...... all they're doing is asking others to respect their own personal space.
It'd look no dafter than these nits dropping down on one knee like medieval knights swearing fealty to their liege Lord. (Which is why no one will catch me doing it. I bend the knee to no one.)

Whether anyone bothers to respect a ribbon is another thing.
I'd keep my distance though as some people are genuinely concerned and a little nervy about going out.

I myself, think it's kinda nice not to have people shoving too close or unaccompanied kids rampaging around the supermarket aisles... it'll be a shame when the hordes descend outdoors again.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 06:06 PM

I find flatulence works well.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 06:21 PM

Yes I've noticed that ... and if I have no gas handy a disapproving exaggerated twitch of the nose works just aswell as people then think you think it's them and they move away, all indignant and offended.

A cough is quicker ... though often as not, by a certain age both ends work in tandem in synchronicity.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 06:26 PM

I find when I go shopping most people are very nice to me TBH. so no I will not be wearing anything ribbonwise to signal anything really.
smile
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 06:29 PM

Whilst wearing such a ribbon will be ignored by the ignorant and selfish people in society, it acts as a beacon to all others that this person wants to observe social distancing and when one of the selfish and ignorant people ignore the ribbon, others can step in on that persons behalf, it could be a shop security guard, a shop staff member or even a police officer.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Oh for gawds sake!...I haven't worn a ribbon since I was 10 yrs old,nor a badge since I was a prefect in high school..but..I may consider wearing
a facemask with the words 'feck off' printed on it...that should get the message across

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 09:40 AM

Why get elderly people to wear ribbons? When in fact, it’s usually quite easy to recognise an elderly person, just by looking at them!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 10:15 AM

Hi

Absolutely not, it identifies you as victim.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Absolutely not, it identifies you as victim.
But we ARE victims. Victims at least twice over.

We are victims of our age and victims of increased susceptibility to death resulting from a terrible virus.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top