Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 11:21 AM

Re: Good morning Friday

Good morning, All.
We were forecast thunder storms & torrential rain here, over night, early a.m. & today, but nothing. I deliberately filled all the water pots, containers last night & the pond, thinking that would surely make it rain, it didn't.
It is very grey & overcast & muggy, but no rain. I want rain, never thought I'd ever say that.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 12:49 PM

Good afternoon everybody.

I was so overcome by the heat last night that I couldn't sleep in the bedroom. Even with the fan on it was stifling so I made up a bed for myself in the lounge where it was a few degrees cooler.

I keep a folding camp bed in the hall cupboard so I dragged it out & used it. I had the fan blowing all night & was quite comfortable except there was no room for turning over.
Following the hedge cutter yesterday, Tony & I decided to mow the lawn this morning & have a general tidy up.

I'm sitting here now having a rest before getting in a nice cool shower. It's really hot outside & I had sweat running in my eyes. We have thunder storms tipped for this afternoon so I was keen to get it all done this morning.

I'm going to have a leisurely afternoon - something easy like bubble & squeak for dinner & then a trip to Tesco about 7.00pm when it isn't busy...
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 04:05 PM

Afternoon each and everyone of you

Well, after charging our car's battery for 2 days, it started first turn of the key. Let's hope there's still charge in there tomorrow morning when we need to go shopping again.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top