Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 02:33 PM

Re: Trash and the poop dog wars

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Rubbing their noses in the poop would be the best deterrent .

The owners noses I take it, Muddy?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 04:18 PM

Definitely
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Dogs don't use the NHS.

That was tried - and it didn't work. Cost more to administer than it was worth in revenue.

Luv it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-06-2020, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Austerity has meant that many Councils no longer have the money to deal with the problem.

There is a simple way of providing the funds

An annual Dog Tax of £100 a year per dog, this tax would include Insurance so dogs are not a burden on the NHS.

I have to pay for a fishing licence, so why not a dog licence?

Ridiculous. How would charging an amount that is more than treble my car tax, stop a dog pooping?

All it would do is frighten pensioners and anyone who hasn't got that sort of money into giving their companions up.
How mean can you get?
Many would just get dumped - or worse.
And you think that's a good idea!

If people didn't buy a licence at the old price of 7/6d, what makes you think they would cough up £100?

As for fishermen having to buy a licence, there's no comparison.
Quite right you have to pay to go out and murder fish for pleasure!

Besides that, the fish are hardly friends and lifelong companions to lonely people are they!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Dogs don't use the NHS.

That was tried - and it didn't work. Cost more to administer than it was worth in revenue.
You know I have always disbelieved this theory .
I used to live in a third world Central American country and dog licences were actually sold on make shift stalls on the street .
They consisted of a certificate with a number that was the same as on a metal disc which went on the dogs collar .
How difficult was it to administer ?
Not difficult at all
Given they were doing it by hand how hard would it be for it to be done by computer at the PO ?
Every dog should IMO have a licence and a number .
The microchip is a good idea except that when a dog is recovered it isn’t always given back to the real owner .
I simply do t believe that illegal puppy farms all pay to have their dogs microchipped .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-06-2020, 05:04 PM

Now you've mentioned puppy farms Muddy, you have reminded me of an article I have, but I'd better start a separate thread in the Pets coloum so as not to divert yours.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

26-06-2020, 05:06 PM

That’s ok Mups I love a good rant
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-06-2020, 05:08 PM

That’s ok Mups I love a good rant

Well you best go and make yourself a cuppa and sit down, because it's rather a long one, but very interesting.

I am going to start feeding the pooches now, so will do the thread after tea.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 05:14 PM

They consisted of a certificate with a number that was the same as on a metal disc which went on the dogs collar .
How difficult was it to administer ?
Issuing them was never a problem. If I remember correctly you could buy them over the counter at the Post Office. The administration was another matter. Checking that every dog had a licence, sending out annual reminders, rounding up owners who had not bought one, taking them to court and fining them - all cost a lot more than the licence yielded in revenue.

Why some owners shrink from cleaning up their dog's faeces is beyond me - I have seen worse stuff in babies nappies!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ridiculous. How would charging an amount that is more than treble my car tax, stop a dog pooping?

All it would do is frighten pensioners and anyone who hasn't got that sort of money into giving their companions up.
How mean can you get?
Many would just get dumped - or worse.
And you think that's a good idea!

If people didn't buy a licence at the old price of 7/6d, what makes you think they would cough up £100?

As for fishermen having to buy a licence, there's no comparison.
Quite right you have to pay to go out and murder fish for pleasure!

Besides that, the fish are hardly friends and lifelong companions to lonely people are they!
Thanks for tarring us anglers with the same brush Mups. Not every angler "murders" fish for pleasure - just the opposite in fact. Most coarse anglers practice what is known as "catch and release" (this includes me). It's only trout, sea trout and salmon anglers that "murder" their catch. Even then, the use of the word "murder" is far too strong in this context.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top