Join for free
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 02:36 PM

Stabbing incident Glasgow.

Not much info yet but three people dead.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...-west-53195939
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 02:53 PM

Re: Stabbing incident Glasgow.

I see a male suspect was shot .... dead, I wonder?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 02:55 PM

Several people have been killed and others wounded in a stabbing incident in the Scottish city of Glasgow, eyewitnesses said on Friday, after police confirmed they had closed off one of the city's main streets.

Three people were stabbed to death in a building on West George Street, and police shot dead the suspected knifeman, the BBC reported.

Photographs posted to Twitter showed a heavy police presence in the city centre after the Scottish Police Federation confirmed an officer was among those injured.

One witness told UK broadcaster Sky News she had seen people covered in blood and armed police attending the scene at around 12.15pm local time.

We appreciate families of police officers in #Glasgow will be anxious to hear that a police officer has been stabbed. Please be aware the family of the officer has been notified and is being supported by the service.
– ScotsPolFed (@ScotsPolFed) June 26, 2020
Greater Glasgow Police said: "Emergency services are currently dealing with an incident on West George Street in Glasgow."

"The street is currently closed off and the public are asked to avoid the area at present. The situation is contained at this time and there is no danger to the general public."

The incident comes after a stabbing attack

More to follow
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 03:59 PM

The building was a hotel holding asylum seekers.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 04:50 PM

It will be interesting to hear what the BLM leaders have to say about those brave Scottish Police Officers who rushed into the hotel in Glasgow, (also the brave police officer who rushed into the park in Reading and grappled that killer to his knees before arresting him). These are the same calibre of officers that were attacked by a mob attending a house party in Brixton, the same calibre of officers who were attacked by anarchists mingling with their protest marches.

Easy to mob attack them, but when it comes to people's safety, where are YOU? Time to shut up, perhaps?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 05:53 PM

From what I've gathered from a sneak about on google it is one of 6 hotels in Glasgow housing refugees and asylum seekers. (Note to self: don't go to Glasgow)

Over the last few weeks there has been increasing trouble ..presumably along the lines of 'Refugee and Asylum seeker's lives matter most ' ( ha ha, forgive my droll like quip)

They claim they've been denied health care, have to share bathrooms, the food is crap ( so they're refusing to eat it) and they want their financial support reinstated.

https://bellacaledonia.org.uk/2020/0...care-by-mears/

I'm afraid once I read the word .... refugee ... my sole brain cell switched off.
It's a bugger when you feel outnumbered and part of the silent, forgotten majority innit.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 09:53 PM

Is that unusual?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 09:58 PM

Well Scotland wanted `asylum seekers` and refugees to swell their number to work in their industries. Remember the Refugees Welcome banners? Well the request has turned round and bit them on the arse.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2020, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

Is that unusual?
And Nobody has ever stabbed or been stabbed in Yorkshire? and for Your info' the nutter who stabbed & killed was NOT a Glaswegian or a Scot.
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2020, 06:31 AM

I hope the injured officer pulls through.

It takes a brave person to run into danger instead of instinctively running away from it.

As a side....I've had many a good night out in Glasgow and enjoyed every one of them immensely......without a sniff of trouble.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top