Join for free
Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel's Avatar
Artangel
Chatterbox
Artangel is online now
UK
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 17,385
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
27-06-2020, 06:16 PM
1

Where’s The Predicted Second Outbreak Of Covid-19?

Three weeks ago, there were huge protests in London about the death in America of George Floyd. Thousands of people gathered together to protest.

There were cries of... ‘These protests with people not practising social distancing will cause a second outbreak of Covid-19’.

Three weeks on.... where’s the second outbreak?

This week, Bournemouth beaches are packed to the gunnels with no social distancing in sight.

Is the the second outbreak of Covid-19 imminent or are people being too pessimistic?
Reply With Quote
Morticia's Avatar
Morticia
Chatterbox
Morticia is online now
England
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 13,494
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
27-06-2020, 06:18 PM
2

Re: Where’s The Predicted Second Outbreak Of Covid-19?

I could be wrong but I think the Death figure and the new cases figures have both risen over the last 2 or 3 days ... signs of the second waves imminent arrival.

Not just in the UK ... but Germany and other EU countries too.
Reply With Quote
Artangel's Avatar
Artangel
Chatterbox
Artangel is online now
UK
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 17,385
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
27-06-2020, 06:22 PM
3

Re: Where’s The Predicted Second Outbreak Of Covid-19?

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I could be wrong but I think the Death figure and the new cases figures have both risen over the last 2 or 3 days ... signs of the second waves imminent arrival.

Morti, Tell me, how many people do you know that have died of Covid-19?

I know of one that l know and one other that l don’t know.

Why aren’t the skies blackened with smoke from the crematoriums?
Why haven’t the roads come to a standstill with all the hearses taking the thousands to the crematorium?
Reply With Quote
Morticia's Avatar
Morticia
Chatterbox
Morticia is online now
England
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 13,494
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
27-06-2020, 06:45 PM
4

Re: Where’s The Predicted Second Outbreak Of Covid-19?

Probably because when you think about it the actual death figures are a very very small percentage of the population.

I suppose a fan of lockdown will say that's why it's so small. Lockdown worked.
Wasn't Boris warned that he could be looking at death totalling 250,000 if he didn't?
Reply With Quote
Donkeyman
Senior Member
Donkeyman is online now
Melton,United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 4,987
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
27-06-2020, 06:45 PM
5

Re: Where’s The Predicted Second Outbreak Of Covid-19?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Morti, Tell me, how many people do you know that have died of Covid-19?

I know of one that l know and one other that l don’t know.

Why aren’t the skies blackened with smoke from the crematoriums?
Why haven’t the roads come to a standstill with all the hearses taking the thousands to the crematorium?
In the deep freeze Arty?

Donkeyman! 😷🤔😷
Reply With Quote
Artangel's Avatar
Artangel
Chatterbox
Artangel is online now
UK
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 17,385
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
27-06-2020, 06:49 PM
6

Re: Where’s The Predicted Second Outbreak Of Covid-19?

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
In the deep freeze Arty?

Donkeyman! 😷🤔😷
Donkeyman, l thought they had to be cremated immediately?
Reply With Quote
Donkeyman
Senior Member
Donkeyman is online now
Melton,United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 4,987
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
27-06-2020, 06:55 PM
7

Re: Where’s The Predicted Second Outbreak Of Covid-19?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Donkeyman, l thought they had to be cremated immediately?
Only the moslems Arty?

Donkeyman! 😇😇😇
Reply With Quote
Artangel's Avatar
Artangel
Chatterbox
Artangel is online now
UK
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 17,385
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
27-06-2020, 07:03 PM
8

Re: Where’s The Predicted Second Outbreak Of Covid-19?

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Probably because when you think about it the actual death figures are a very very small percentage of the population.

I suppose a fan of lockdown will say that's why it's so small. Lockdown worked.
Wasn't Boris warned that he could be looking at death totalling 250,000 if he didn't?
In March, it was forecast that 2.2 million would die of Covid-19. So l suppose, the U.K. has done well really.
Reply With Quote
TessA's Avatar
TessA
Official Poinker
TessA is offline
UK
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 21,138
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
27-06-2020, 07:33 PM
9

Re: Where’s The Predicted Second Outbreak Of Covid-19?

I think they said it could take 10 days for symptoms to appear.
Perhaps those people breaking the rules are getting mild symptoms, only carriers or too embarrassed to go to the doctor
Reply With Quote
Tiffany's Avatar
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Tiffany is offline
Devon
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 11,100
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
27-06-2020, 07:48 PM
10

Re: Where’s The Predicted Second Outbreak Of Covid-19?

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I think they said it could take 10 days for symptoms to appear.
Perhaps those people breaking the rules are getting mild symptoms, only carriers or too embarrassed to go to the doctor
That is very probably so. Give it another week or so & there will be more very ill.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.