Join for free
Reply
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Judd's Avatar
Judd
Chatterbox
Judd is online now
West Riding of Yorkshire
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 10,752
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-06-2020, 08:10 PM
11

Re: Hallelujah!

Originally Posted by JBR ->
After much deliberation, we have decided to cancel our TV licence with effect from the end of tomorrow.

Needless to say, the TV Licensing web site makes it as difficult as possible to do this. I was hoping to find a cancellation form, but nothing, so tried to contact them online via email or their chat line.
Again, unsuccessful; neither worked properly. The only other option was to telephone.
Expecting a long wait, I was pleasantly surprised to get through within a few minutes, though they insisted on speaking to Marge, as it's in her name.

I cancelled my direct debit with my bank (yes, I pay for it!), and all done now.

No more subsidising the politically biased BBC!
Strange. I cancelled mine online at the end of May as it had expired in any case.

Still got a reminder to renew a few days later though, but they mun bollocks. I've unplugged the TV aerial from the TV and the PVR just in case they come checking. Anything I watch now is streamed from Amazon or catch-up TV (no licence required for either).

Speaking of getting rid of trash, I'm kicking Virgin Media into touch as they are robbing bastards. PlusNet have installed my new fibre broadband today which is 23 per month cheaper. Admittedly, my VM was 100mb/s as opposed to my now 36mb/s but it's still okay for streaming and fast enough for downloads. That's an annual saving of 430
Reply With Quote
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is online now
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 26,102
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-06-2020, 08:10 PM
12

Re: Hallelujah!

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Search YouTube for 'Cancelling TY Licence

There are several videos on how to deal with the letters and investigators that you will get
I have had a look already, but I can certainly look again should threats begin.

They don't scare me!
Reply With Quote
Morticia's Avatar
Morticia
Chatterbox
Morticia is online now
England
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 13,494
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-06-2020, 08:11 PM
13

Re: Hallelujah!

And when they knock on your door they are dressed very nicely too ... in suits.
Reply With Quote
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is online now
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 26,102
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-06-2020, 08:17 PM
14

Re: Hallelujah!

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Strange. I cancelled mine online at the end of May as it had expired in any case.

Still got a reminder to renew a few days later though, but they mun bollocks. I've unplugged the TV aerial from the TV and the PVR just in case they come checking. Anything I watch now is streamed from Amazon or catch-up TV (no licence required for either).

Speaking of getting rid of trash, I'm kicking Virgin Media into touch as they are robbing bastards. PlusNet have installed my new fibre broadband today which is 23 per month cheaper. Admittedly, my VM was 100mb/s as opposed to my now 36mb/s but it's still okay for streaming and fast enough for downloads. That's an annual saving of 430
I'd ditch VM too if there was an alternative fibre supplier hereabouts. Unfortunately, VM is the only one.

Actually, I pay 25 a month for 50mb, though they've now increased that to 100mb at no extra charge.
Reply With Quote
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is online now
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 26,102
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-06-2020, 08:20 PM
15

Re: Hallelujah!

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
And when they knock on your door they are dressed very nicely too ... in suits.
And when they do I'll likely be dressed in my usual 'bag of s*** tied up in the middle' outfit, but their suits will have no impact on me!
Reply With Quote
Judd's Avatar
Judd
Chatterbox
Judd is online now
West Riding of Yorkshire
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 10,752
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-06-2020, 08:24 PM
16

Re: Hallelujah!

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'd ditch VM too if there was an alternative fibre supplier hereabouts. Unfortunately, VM is the only one.

Actually, I pay 25 a month for 50mb, though they've now increased that to 100mb at no extra charge.
Bugger me. They were charging me 43pm and I couldn't get it reduced even though I've been a customer for at least 25yrs. It was cheap enough when it was NTL but as soon as Branson took over, the price crept up year-on-year. It's been very unreliable of late too - too many outages.
Reply With Quote
Judd's Avatar
Judd
Chatterbox
Judd is online now
West Riding of Yorkshire
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 10,752
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-06-2020, 08:25 PM
17

Re: Hallelujah!

Originally Posted by JBR ->
And when they do I'll likely be dressed in my usual 'bag of s*** tied up in the middle' outfit, but their suits will have no impact on me!
So you're like me then when I answer the door. A pound of shit squeezed into a half-pound bag.
Reply With Quote
Longdogs's Avatar
Longdogs
Chatterbox
Longdogs is offline
England
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 37,546
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-06-2020, 08:27 PM
18

Re: Hallelujah!

Originally Posted by JBR ->
And when they do I'll likely be dressed in my usual 'bag of s*** tied up in the middle' outfit, but their suits will have no impact on me!
Reply With Quote
Longdogs's Avatar
Longdogs
Chatterbox
Longdogs is offline
England
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 37,546
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-06-2020, 08:29 PM
19

Re: Hallelujah!

What about radio JBR? Can you legally listen to stations other than anything BBC?

Well done btw.
Reply With Quote
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is online now
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 26,102
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-06-2020, 08:30 PM
20

Re: Hallelujah!

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Bugger me.

They were charging me 43pm and I couldn't get it reduced even though I've been a customer for at least 25yrs. It was cheap enough when it was NTL but as soon as Branson took over, the price crept up year-on-year. It's been very unreliable of late too - too many outages.
Ooh, I'd rather not!

Actually, they originally charged me more but after much mithering and dogging they reduced it.

We don't have a telephone line or any other add-ons, so that might contribute to the lower cost.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.