Join for free
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2013, 03:30 PM

Spikey shoe attachment

You know the sort of thing http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Lawn-G...item35ca751156 strap to the soles of your boots and walk over the lawn to aerate it.
Has anyone had any luck with these ? Even wearing my strongest boots and wrapping the straps around twice as tight as they will go, two steps on the lawn and they are off.

Am I doing something wrong or are the items just the most stupid bit of detritus the Chinese have ever sent us ?.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2013, 03:47 PM

Re: Spikey shoe attachment

Sorry - had to laugh 'cos I'm good at picturing the scene - and, it will be with me 'on and off' all night now !
hope you get yer answer - I was tempted with a similar idea, that you wear when snow and ice are prevalent.... dont think I'll bother now
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2013, 03:53 PM

Sorry Curmudgeon, I've never tried them - I have seen them in catalogues though and I thought you'd have to pull your feet straight up out of the poked holes or they'd come off and that would be more tiring than going around with the garden fork! Can't you get one of those little machines with spikes on that you just push around the garden like a lawnmower?
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2013, 07:01 PM

Looking at them the spikes are too shallow(short) too do any good.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2013, 07:31 PM

No they are rubbish .. you can buy better tools to do a good job
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2013, 07:40 PM

A garden fork would be better
Abby
Australia
Abby is female  Abby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2013, 06:15 AM

Curmudgeon

Thanks for bringing these shoe attachments to our attention

I have looked at them and they do seem like a good idea but now reading from you and others definitely will not buy.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK

08-10-2013, 07:19 AM

2 negative and 1 neutral feed backs for them
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2013, 07:16 PM

Hubby had some about 10years ago.. useless.
He tried everywhichway and they still came off.
They are at the back of the shed somewhere

He bought himself a push along aerator, hard work but does the job.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top