Join for free
Brian 8451
United Kingdom
Brian 8451 is male  Brian 8451 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2016, 08:13 PM

Microsoft word 2010

Hi all long time since I last posted a question but I have been following the posts. I am hoping someone on here is a whiz with Microsoft word. I have two documents that I would like to combine into one. what I need to do is have one document follow on from the other; can anyone give me a pointer please?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2016, 08:59 PM

Re: Microsoft word 2010

On your original document, put your cursor where you want the new doc to be added. Click on `Insert` tab and scroll down to `Object` and the sub-menu 'Text from file`.

Locate your file or files then click Insert button. You can add as many files as you wish at one time but make sure they are all in the order you want them.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2016, 09:43 PM

Perhaps you could just copy and paste ?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2016, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
On your original document, put your cursor where you want the new doc to be added. Click on `Insert` tab and scroll down to `Object` and the sub-menu 'Text from file`.

Locate your file or files then click Insert button. You can add as many files as you wish at one time but make sure they are all in the order you want them.
Just like the clever man said ...
And remember when you Save, if you want a separate new copy to keep your originals intact click on File ... Save As and rename.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2016, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Perhaps you could just copy and paste ?
You could if the document is fairly small but larger files are better using the insert facility.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2016, 10:01 PM

OK ... thanks Judd
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2016, 10:38 PM

Didn't know that Judd.....You'll do for me....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2016, 02:14 AM

Judds method is possibly the easiest but if you are doing it a lot you can also cut and paste with a few keystrokes

In the document to be added

Press Ctrl+A (selects the whole document)
then Ctrl+C (Copies the selection)

(basically hold down Ctrl then press 'A' immediately followed by 'C')

In the document where the text is to be inserted, at the point of insertion right click then, from the resulting menu, click on the icon with the large "A' (near the top under "Paste Options").

Job done. Either method will work (I just like Keyboard short cuts because they are usually quicker).
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2016, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Judds method is possibly the easiest but if you are doing it a lot you can also cut and paste with a few keystrokes

In the document to be added

Press Ctrl+A (selects the whole document)
then Ctrl+C (Copies the selection)

(basically hold down Ctrl then press 'A' immediately followed by 'C')

In the document where the text is to be inserted, at the point of insertion right click then, from the resulting menu, click on the icon with the large "A' (near the top under "Paste Options").

Job done. Either method will work (I just like Keyboard short cuts because they are usually quicker).
That's brilliant Bruce, I just tried it with this page and it works a treat.....
Brian 8451
United Kingdom
Brian 8451 is male  Brian 8451 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2016, 03:55 PM

Thanks Judd for a good clear reply It's easy when someone tells you how isn't it and thanks to everyone else for their interesting input.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top