Join for free
Page 12 of 23 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2015, 08:18 PM

Re: Are people who don't like crude jokes 'prissy'?

I haven't been here very long, my feeble 250 odd posts are as nothing compared to members like Twiz who've clocked up over 5,000!
But I've found this is a generally broadminded and friendly place, surely no one should leave because of some stupid joke???
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2015, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I haven't been here very long, my feeble 250 odd posts are as nothing compared to members like Twiz who've clocked up over 5,000!
But I've found this is a generally broadminded and friendly place, surely no one should leave because of some stupid joke???
A joke would be the last thing I left a forum for. Geez, we need a laugh now and again!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2015, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Obviously you are talking about me! I don't see why I can't say that I think a joke about bestiality by a certain group of people is not funny. I would have thought reporting it would not have been upfront and honest. Obviously, I'm in the wrong forum! It used to be pleasant and good fun. Now if you object to filth you get lambasted for it
Well you're welcome to it!
Twiz, you are one of the few people I'd hate to see leave here.
Seriously! Please don't even think about it!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2015, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Obviously you are talking about me! I don't see why I can't say that I think a joke about bestiality by a certain group of people is not funny. I would have thought reporting it would not have been upfront and honest. Obviously, I'm in the wrong forum! It used to be pleasant and good fun. Now if you object to filth you get lambasted for it
Well you're welcome to it!
Twiz you have every right to say what you feel and TBH if it was about bestiality that for me is several steps too far. We used to be a pleasant forum you are right we really don't want to go the way so many other forums do, and there are plenty out there where jokes like that are welcomed. All forums you won't find me within a mile of I have to say.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2015, 08:39 PM

Surely it's ok to state what your principles are and to stand by them, there are a lot of people who don't go along with jokes which are sexually crude, racist or homophobic etc.
Humour is fantastic but it's not about being crude.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2015, 08:41 PM

Well that would depend what it was about I would guess. Some of us don't want the forum heading down that avenue and it seems we either leave or get told to put up with it.

What happened to checking what a forum was about before joining instead of demanding the forum change to accommodate your tastes ? We seem to be constantly asked to change these days instead of people fitting in with how it is.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

15-05-2015, 08:51 PM

I'd much rather read your posts than some others Ruth.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2015, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well that would depend what it was about I would guess. Some of us don't want the forum heading down that avenue and it seems we either leave or get told to put up with it.

What happened to checking what a forum was about before joining instead of demanding the forum change to accommodate your tastes ? We seem to be constantly asked to change these days instead of people fitting in with how it is.
What's the point in leaving if you then walk out on the opportunity to organise change.
How about organising a poll?
Anyway I thought that suggestive jokes which might offend are posted in the Adult forum?
So where's the problem?
Sorry if I'm being thick!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

15-05-2015, 09:34 PM

What's the point in leaving if you then walk out on the opportunity to organise change.
How about organising a poll?
Anyway I thought that suggestive jokes which might offend are posted in the Adult forum?
So where's the problem?
Sorry if I'm being thick!
Well reading this thread it seems the offending joke was moved to the adult area where it should have been from the start by the looks of the problems it created.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2015, 09:39 PM

Just to get back to my original point, I objected to being called 'prissy' just because I don't like crudity. If only those who do enjoy such posts kept it in the adult humour section there would be no problem.

Page 12 of 23 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top