Join for free
Page 4 of 23 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 07:52 PM

Re: Are people who don't like crude jokes 'prissy'?

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I think it was a real brainwave of Azz’s to do that, everyone is happy and those who like over the top jokes can laugh their heads off, you can’t be fairer than that. Nothing as bad as one of the grandkids coming up behind me at the computer and saying “Granda, whats a xxxxxx?”

I agree with you. I have a great sense of humour but groan at crude jokes. Some so called comedians leave me cold, especially the likes of Frankie Boyle who always made me squirm on Mock The Week.

Paul Merton I agree! Clever and quick witted, and genuinely funny.

Does anyone remember The Detectives? Robert Powell and Jasper Carrott? To me, it was the most hilarious series ever to be shown on telly and I'd love to see re-runs. And no crudeness involved. Does that make me prissy?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
There's a thread in 'adult humour' which states..('certainly not for the prissy People)

Aha. Thanks May. Alan never mentioned that thread, so I didn't know.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 09:34 PM

I don't like young people telling older people crude jokes, or to talk in such a way that's crude, there's no need for it.
Because i work in a Garage as a cleaner they think they can get away with swearing and shout filth at each other. I hate it and reported it on many occasions. It's as if i don't exist or they think that i'm ok with it? Which i'm not...
I'm not prissy but there's a time and place and it depends who telling the joke at the time...
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 09:44 PM

That's funny Sue! I don't feel comfy with that either, nor the other way around. Also I may be weird but, I think people of a certain age should be respected and telling filthy jokes takes away a bit of that. Perhaps I'm old fashioned...
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 09:52 PM

I like to think that my prissy word ruffled the right feathers.
To many times the grumpy old sod has mentioned my language in some of my jokes and also has had digs at others no names mentioned because this was my doing not theirs. Perhaps he should just stop trolling and leave well alone. Or perhaps the mods should mention it to him instead of turning a blind eye to his antics.

Goodnight and god bless all..
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
That's funny Sue! I don't feel comfy with that either, nor the other way around. Also I may be weird but, I think people of a certain age should be respected and telling filthy jokes takes away a bit of that. Perhaps I'm old fashioned...
I'm the same Twiz it's the way we've been brought up, my parent's were a little older when they had me, and their parents were quite strict so they had to do by what they said. And i suppose it rubbed off a little..
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 10:05 PM

So were my parents, my sisters were grown up when I came along, you didn't mention the "S" word in our house, there always seemed to be nuns lurking about for some reason too!
I don't see any problem with people putting jokes in the Adult Section, I can't think it would be difficult to assess whether your joke would be better there than elsewhere, no complaints then!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2015, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
I don't like young people telling older people crude jokes, or to talk in such a way that's crude, there's no need for it.
Because i work in a Garage as a cleaner they think they can get away with swearing and shout filth at each other. I hate it and reported it on many occasions. It's as if i don't exist or they think that i'm ok with it? Which i'm not...
I'm not prissy but there's a time and place and it depends who telling the joke at the time...
Sue, people like that are only looking for an audience. I definitely don't think a group of men should behave like that in front of a woman. Very degrading.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2015, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
Completely agree - have respect !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2015, 09:24 AM

I'm not sure they should do it in front of men either, my husband has been rather embarrassed on several occasions by young women talking about their sex lives seeming to forget he is servicing the coffee machine. Just keep some if it to yourself or pick a time and a place you can't be over heard.

Page 4 of 23 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top