Join for free
Page 22 of 72 « First < 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 10:54 AM

Re: Over 50s Club Yorkshire

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I don't think anyone has mentioned Robin Hood's Bay yet? A beautiful fishing village three miles from Whitby. Well worth a visit
I mentioned it some time ago, and pointed out that although it is a very interesting place, it is down a very steep hill.

Not a problem going down, but coming up is a real drag at least for me!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Lovely place, Floydy. You'd need to be fit to live there and climb that steep hill everyday !
Sorry. I posted before seeing your post!

Is it not the case that people who live at the bottom are allowed to drive their cars down there (and back up of course) providing they have a place to park?

There are certainly no public parking places at the bottom.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Just been reading about Bob's bits and it seems I'm not the only one who's partial to coffee and cake in the afternoon! For anyone visiting the Yorkshire coast, there's a fantastic place for such a treat between Brid and Scarborough. It's called the Stained Glass Centre and as well as various showrooms they have a wonderful cafe and lovely well kept gardens to sit out in, weather permitting. Been there today, not warm enough to sit out though!
I think I know it Val but never been, one for the ever growing list of 'Oasis'...
I Can recommend 'The Beverley Garden Centre' and 'Hornsea Garden Centre' a plethora of cakes and scones....
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2017, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I think I know it Val but never been, one for the ever growing list of 'Oasis'...
I Can recommend 'The Beverley Garden Centre' and 'Hornsea Garden Centre' a plethora of cakes and scones....
We've done most of the local garden centres Foxy, Irton near Scarborough is another good one to try! Can't remember which, but one of them does yummy cherry and almond scones ....... deeelicious!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2017, 11:20 AM

We've done most of the local garden centres Foxy, Irton near Scarborough is another good one to try! Can't remember which, but one of them does yummy cherry and almond scones ....... deeelicious!
Ah yes, Irton........We saw it advertised on the menu's at some of the other garden centres Val. The thousands of times we have visited Scarborough [I go at the drop of a hat] but have only just realised that it was there. We shall look in on out next visit to Scarborough, provided the sun comes out again....
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2017, 11:49 AM

Ah yes, Irton........We saw it advertised on the menu's at some of the other garden centres Val. The thousands of times we have visited Scarborough [I go at the drop of a hat] but have only just realised that it was there. We shall look in on out next visit to Scarborough, provided the sun comes out again....
I think a few of the garden centres are part of a group but not our Eastfield, that's one on its own!

Dull here again this morning, but it's not raining!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

20-03-2017, 12:41 PM

I think a few of the garden centres are part of a group but not our Eastfield, that's one on its own!

Dull here again this morning, but it's not raining!
I think they are part of 'British Garden Centres' Val but a few are still family owned. We recently visited ones at Lincoln and Cleethorpes that are still owned and run by Pennells.

Chucking it down here Val....good job it's not a run day...
Val J
East Yorkshire

20-03-2017, 02:01 PM

I think they are part of 'British Garden Centres' Val but a few are still family owned. We recently visited ones at Lincoln and Cleethorpes that are still owned and run by Pennells.

Chucking it down here Val....good job it's not a run day...

Don't you like running in the rain Foxy!

My daughter did the 55 mile Hardmoors from Helmsley to Guisborough on Saturday and loved every minute, fortunately it was a good running day. I wish I had a fraction of her energy!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

20-03-2017, 03:12 PM

[/B]

Don't you like running in the rain Foxy!

My daughter did the 55 mile Hardmoors from Helmsley to Guisborough on Saturday and loved every minute, fortunately it was a good running day. I wish I had a fraction of her energy!
That brings back memories Val....

Just in case the writing was too small.....

Val J
East Yorkshire

20-03-2017, 05:11 PM

Wow that really is an achievement Foxy, you will have trained for months if not years to be able to run that distance. I know my daughter did a few slightly shorter practice runs just before the event and took advice on diet etc. Anyway it paid off and like you, she raised a lot of money for charity.

Page 22 of 72 « First < 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top