Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 11:37 AM

Re: Sir David Attenborough says ...

Originally Posted by Mups ->
True, Twink - I would trust DA's knowledge over most other peoples - and I bet he doesn't have to google everything either.
In many cases he has been to see the damage for himself, after all it has been his life's work for 60 years!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
In many cases he has been to see the damage for himself, after all it has been his life's work for 60 years!

Yes. He certainly ought to know a thing or two, didn't he.
It is all too easy for people to condemn from their armchairs.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Wonder no more

"
This week's Extinction Rebellion (XR) demonstrations have closed key routes through the capital, cost businesses tens of millions in lost revenue, inconvenienced half a million people a day, and resulted in at least 682 arrests, but show no sign of abating.
Yesterday organisers said they had seen an increase in people joining up, pointing to warm weather, the Easter holiday, and a David Attenborough documentary about climate change broadcast on Thursday evening as motivators."
That's from the DM ....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 02:30 PM

I'm admittedly part the problem, and I too often fail to behavior to what's really going out there.

It's like the bumper sticker that reads, "You aren't in traffic, you ARE traffic."
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Could it be argued that D A's many documentaries have contributed in some way to the current problems? All those flights to remote parts of the world with large camera crews and their support teams must have some impact on the climate.

There are many hypocrites in the climate change area who are quite content to exacerbate any problems by using plastic in all of its forms, travelling in polluting vehicles, scatter rubbish everywhere and then salve their consciences by protesting against climate change.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I'm admittedly part the problem, and I too often fail to behavior to what's really going out there.

It's like the bumper sticker that reads, "You aren't in traffic, you ARE traffic."
I like that.

I like the US bumper sticker, you don't see them here in London.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Could it be argued that D A's many documentaries have contributed in some way to the current problems? All those flights to remote parts of the world with large camera crews and their support teams must have some impact on the climate.

There are many hypocrites in the climate change area who are quite content to exacerbate any problems by using plastic in all of its forms, travelling in polluting vehicles, scatter rubbish everywhere and then salve their consciences by protesting against climate change.
We are all guilty, that is why it may be impossible to reverse what we have done! Humans have always wanted an easier life, but having achieved that they may find that their own lives, and many other creatures on this planet, will be lost.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 06:20 AM

Hi

Hypocrites.

Driving a BMW X5 to the recycling to drop off 5 empty wine bottles.

There is no logic reason for owning a huge 4x4 if you live in town.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 06:35 AM

We need to plant more trees instead of cutting them down.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 06:47 AM

I agree Annie but it's the type of tree that is important .
We must preserve the rainforest the lungs of the world but it's being destroyed at a horrific rate .
It's always been my opinion that we -the countries of the world- should pay countries like Brazil to guard and preserve the rainforest .
Or perhaps we could lease parts of it for long periods .
Thius protect it from the loggers .
Our own insatiable desire for hard woods is part of the problem
Also our other desire for meat .
Changing rainforest into pastureland is another huge no no .
People like Lord Vesty the Queen cousin own vast tracts of what was once rainforest to run cattle on.
But the number one offender is the palm oil tree.
Palm oil is in practically everything we eat or use.
I have driven through palm oil forests on Malaysia they are horrible mile after mile of dead forest .
These trees support practically no wildlife or plant diversification.
In this country we could do our bit by planting more forests of deciduous trees.
We all can plant trees and some schools do encourage this if they have enough land .
Some trees should be cut down .
Horrible conifers and Leylandi that do nothing for the environment and frequently cause trouble with neighbours .

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top