Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 01:49 PM

Re: Angry about hedges!

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
You had to drop 90k ..... please tell me that was a typo.
Sorry. Was £60k. Had to pay £90k capital gains tax though
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
My neighbours on 3 sides have let their hedges get out of control.
One side, the guy asked if he could come in and cut the hedge, he cut the bit at the front and left it growing wild with privet, brambles, shrubs and bindweed at the back.

Behind me they've got jasmine, ivy, brambles , elder growing over and through the top of my fence. It was just a 6' wire fence but I put weed fabric and bamboo roll over it to try to stop their plants. There's also a huge "blob" if ivy hanging over my side that pigeons are nesting in which is threatening to bring the fence down.

The other side have bamboo, over 10' tall which grows up through my side of the fence, some is growing from under the bungalow. When I spoke to them about it the woman, puffed on her vape thing and said, "Oh yeah, sorry about that (chuckle) you should dig it up and sell it, costs a lot in garden centres". It sheds flaky stuff all over my garden when it gets higher.

Since lockdown, my daughter and my wasband haven't been able to help cut things back so it's all spreading into my garden!

I asked my HA landlord if any help is available.
If I pay I may get some kind of help, they can't do anything about hedge at the back as it's private property, the garden is my responsibility, even though hedges are not planted on my side of the fence.
However they are sending a surveyor to look at the bamboo growing from under my bungalow (surprise ).

I already have to pay £50+ for a garden bin which is 80% filled with neighbours' weeds.

Fed up now, I am!

No wonder the last tenant left a watering can marked, "weed killer"!

TessA, get a pet Panda.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
Could you post a better picture of the plant in the foreground of picture number 5. The one with the clump of ivy in the background. It looks like it may be Japanese Knot Weed. In which case the neighbours have a big problem!
Nope it's my plum tree!
If it was knotweed I'd move it close to the hedge!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
TessA, get a pet Panda.
I wish I could Spitty! I'd have something to cuddle up to!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

07-07-2020, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
What a lovely garden

Poink!
First one for a while!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

07-07-2020, 03:02 PM

I'm going to leave it all until the surveyor comes, then if he doesn't do anything constructive I'll email the council. Apparently they sent someone out to tell my bamboo neighbour off about a rose growing over into the neighbour's on the other side.

I was thinking of sending a letter to the people at the back but Google maps tells me it's either number 7,26,28 or 29!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 03:23 PM

I was thinking of sending a letter to the people at the back but Google maps tells me it's either number 7,26,28 or 29!
How about writing a letter, making a paper plane out of it and throwing it over the fence?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 03:32 PM

How about having a walk round there and having a look?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 03:34 PM

I'm going to leave it all until the surveyor comes, then if he doesn't do anything constructive I'll email the council. Apparently they sent someone out to tell my bamboo neighbour off about a rose growing over into the neighbour's on the other side.

If you are using Google maps and you know the road name you should be able to use Google Earth, part of Google maps, and find the number on the front of the house in question that way.

I did that one Christmas when sending out cards and I had lost the address of someone I know. Soon found it that way, I knew the road but couldn't recall the number, there it was on the front door – brilliant!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

07-07-2020, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
How about writing a letter, making a paper plane out of it and throwing it over the fence?
What a good idea! I think a banner slung over the fence, saying " cut your *#@¿ hedge" would work if I could reach!

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top