Join for free
Page 6 of 15 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 09:47 PM

Re: TV licenses and the over 75s

Originally Posted by d00d ->
OK, so we all know aunty beeb has lefty leanings, so I don't see the problem.

Just a bit of light relief ...

We all love the old dear, and know exactly where we stand.
Well you might dOOd , but I don"t I think the BBC is a crock nowadays ,Reith would be turning in his grave .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Well you might dOOd , but I don"t I think the BBC is a crock nowadays ,Reith would be turning in his grave .
I agree.

Personally, I strongly resent being legally obliged to pay to subsidise a left-leaning political organisation when my political leanings are exactly the opposite.

Even if I were completely apolitical, it would be unfair to expect me to pay for a political organisation of any kind.

The BBC, if it pretends to be our state broadcasting organisation, should have absolutely no political bias at all.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2020, 05:53 PM

Same licence fee, less to watch though. Is anyone going to miss this particular programme that's due to be cut?

"The Andrew Neil Show will disappear from BBC schedules as part of cuts to the corporation's news operation."

"The political discussion programme had already been off the air during the Covid-19 crisis and will not return. But the BBC said it was talking to Neil about a new BBC One interview show.

In total, 520 jobs will go, from a workforce of around 6,000 people."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53416067
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2020, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Same licence fee, less to watch though. Is anyone going to miss this particular programme that's due to be cut?

"The Andrew Neil Show will disappear from BBC schedules as part of cuts to the corporation's news operation."

"The political discussion programme had already been off the air during the Covid-19 crisis and will not return. But the BBC said it was talking to Neil about a new BBC One interview show.

In total, 520 jobs will go, from a workforce of around 6,000 people."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53416067
I'm not at all surprised that Andrew Neil has been given the push, being the only member of their staff with any leaning toward right wing politics!

Incidentally, I received my first letter from the TV Tax Police today, once again explaining the ten commandments of television viewing. I had to fill in a declaration online, of remarkable similarity to that I had already done when I cancelled our TV Tax, which ended with the veiled threat that they 'might' send some Gestapo to investigate me and check if I have been watching any proscribed programmes, and which could result in a fine of £1000.

I was having a good laugh all the way through completing their pathetic warning declaration.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2020, 07:44 PM

Hi

I have no problems at all with paying.

I hate adverts and they lead to the lowest possible denominates.

The BBC World Service is is our biggest and cheapest method of exporting our views.

It is highly respected, not here, but in the rest of the World.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

15-07-2020, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
The BBC World Service is is our biggest and cheapest method of exporting our views.
Presumably our left-wing 'views'.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2020, 07:55 PM

I gather Captain Tom Moore has started walking around his house again in order to raise enough money to pay for his tv licence
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2020, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by jbr ->
presumably our left-wing 'views'.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2020, 08:02 AM

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/13...ng-times-radio

"I scanned the schedules and I don't see anything really on BBC television today that I would describe as public service broadcasting."
Don't even bother looking now.

Anti-licence free fee group Defund the BBC, argues the corporation is intrinsically politically biased and the public should only have to pay for its content if they want to. Ditto.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2020, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/13...ng-times-radio

Don't even bother looking now.

Anti-licence free fee group Defund the BBC, argues the corporation is intrinsically politically biased and the public should only have to pay for its content if they want to. Ditto.
Friday to Sunday inclusive, every week, I find it's the same. I hardly ever watch anything on the terrestrial channels as it's 'rubbish' IMO, for which I am paying out for a TV licence.

Not for very much longer though, I am fast coming to the conclusion there's no point in wasting money doing so!

Page 6 of 15 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top