Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
sarah kay
kent
sarah kay is female  sarah kay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2012, 04:54 AM

Re: Anyone like to paint?

Thanks for that Mags the paintings by Su are
really lovely

sarah
GoldenYears
Japan
GoldenYears is male  GoldenYears has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2012, 09:38 AM

You will find a collection of my wife's watercolour paintings at the link below. Enjoy

Su's Watercolour Paintings:

http://www.over50sforum.com/album.php?u=929
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2013, 07:41 PM

I like to use pastels, portraits & life drawing are my strengths (so they tell me) I love to try all mediums especially textures, collages and good old charcoal. I'll try to put some work on my profile page. Lovely to find others interested!
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2013, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
I like to use pastels, portraits & life drawing are my strengths (so they tell me) I love to try all mediums especially textures, collages and good old charcoal. I'll try to put some work on my profile page. Lovely to find others interested!
Good! Glad you revived this thread as I'd forgotten all about it. I've been thinking of getting out the sketchbook again...
Grouse
planet earth
Grouse is male  Grouse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2013, 08:57 AM

Tried painting but not too good so i did a few pencil drawings which i quite enjoyed doing.I like the raw unfinished feel, and in particular sketches with a wash of paint added. If you have a local library they often have a scanner that you can use to convert your paintings if they are small enough.

I ended up doing photography, as my site based sketches were poor, so these days i sometimes draw from a copy of a photograph.
pokertom
Mids,
pokertom is male  pokertom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 10:33 AM

My job was in heavy transport and painting trucks and narrowboats so i started to dabble in signwriting and the like . I have always been a good hand writer and did a lot of calligraphy with many pen sets bought me for my b/days and xmas . Just reading your post I had a mooch for my 12 charcoal pencil set a prezzy off my sis about 10+ yrs ago and I will give it ago again. I told an ex girl friend years ogo I may take up painting so she got me a gallon of emulsion and a 3 inch brush . That was a bad day . Nice post
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2013, 06:18 PM

i have just started doing that my farther inlaw was into it have lots of his art work
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2013, 06:39 PM

Well I painted this doosey last night - now Hubbs tells me - its already been done !!

John hd58
New Member!
Derbyshire England
John hd58 is male 

22-05-2013, 03:14 PM

Hi Sarah, I like to draw and paint at the moment I have been turning my attention to glass engraving. Do you have any paintings online that I could look at.
John
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 06:18 PM

I have all the kit ready to go. Dabbled a little in the past and was quite surprised at the results - in a good way that is. My perspective was out a fair bit though I do remember that. Still there are various ways to correct that apparently.

Will be having another go at some time or other. Not with water colours but sketching initially. You have to get the foundations right first and build on that I think.

I have also invested in a pretty good camera recently so that should also come in handy when I do have another crack at it.

I must also say Su's watercolours seem incredibly good to me.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top