Join for free
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2014, 12:33 AM

another lightning shot

I had another go at getting some decent lightning today as we had a cracking storm in Ipswich..I got this shot ..the thunder was almost instantaneous to the strike ..if you look closely you will see the lightning going in FRONT of the trees in the background...

shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2014, 10:40 AM

Re: another lightning shot

Brilliant picture ukmartian. You were quick to get that one, every time I try I miss.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2014, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
Brilliant picture ukmartian. You were quick to get that one, every time I try I miss.
Are you being serious..it's easy...do you want the secret??
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2014, 03:57 PM

Very good Steve particularly considering the lightning is only there for a second ..
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2014, 04:04 PM

What did you do Steve, put the camera on record? I tied to get a snap of the big moon the other night but it was too cloudy and then when it got a bit clear it was only for a few seconds, maybe I should have recorded it?
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

15-08-2014, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Very good Steve particularly considering the lightning is only there for a second ..
A fraction of a second.... But there is a trick to it... Virtually ANYONE can do it
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2014, 04:20 PM

Brilliant Steve, I'm always too late pressing the button!
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2014, 07:17 PM

By the time you see the lightning it is over. You have to be taking the photo when the lightning strikes to capture it
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

16-08-2014, 12:28 AM

its easy ..but you need a bit of luck ...note where the most active area of the storm is ...record the sky i used my mobile...when you 'caught a flash note the time index ....download the video to your computer and play back ..find the flash and forward by frame or use the pause ...it may take a few attempts to stop it in the right place but once there screen print it there is a element of luck patience pays off ..my last one took nearly 3 minutes to get ..

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top