Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 10:49 PM

Another medieval market

Today my friend and I went to Orihuela, lovely old town/city. The annual medieval market started today so we spent the afternoon looking around. It was very big and covered a big area, lots of stalls down all the very narrow streets. Lots of stalls selling spices, sweets, cheeses, toys, food, jewellery etc. Lots of things going on, jousting, birds of prey exhibitions, donkey rides, camel rides and lots of other things.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 10:59 PM

Re: Another medieval market

What an amazing place Loretta, there is so much to look at and I would love to wander around there.

Great photos!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 11:18 PM

Brilliant pictures.
You've captured the atmosphere so well.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 11:30 PM

Lovely pictures
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2016, 12:57 AM

Muy interesante ! Looks like a great place to pass the day. Please continue to share photos of whats happening in your part of the world
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2016, 06:44 AM

The first photo , the the birds and the chains then further along the donkey in the center looks so sick...Both of these make me very sad..

Other than that very interesting and great photos
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2016, 06:51 AM

Im drooling looking at the food photos, that sausage stall yummy.

However i hate to see such beautiful birds manacled its a crime in my book.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2016, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
The first photo , the the birds and the chains then further along the donkey in the center looks so sick...Both of these make me very sad..

Other than that very interesting and great photos
The birds of prey are mostly rescued birds Cass. Each one has a board beside it with the birdīs history. The eagle, and the others, have soft leather bands round their legs with thin chain attached to the bands, the chains are just clipped together with those press clip things. From what I have seen here and in England itīs standard practice with display birds of prey. I suppose they canīt just be left loose.

The donkeys were just hot and tired from travelling I think, they were certainly not sick. At the side of the donkeys is a large building. The door had been taken off the building so that the donkeys could go inside out of the sun, they seemed to prefer standing together in the sun. They were not tied up and were quite free to wander around the area they were in.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

23-04-2016, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Im drooling looking at the food photos, that sausage stall yummy.

However i hate to see such beautiful birds manacled its a crime in my book.
As I have said to Cass Nom, the birds of prey are almost all rescue birds, apart from the ones the man who owns them has bred himself. I wish you could see this man with his birds, he never leaves them unattended for a minute, he adores them and says they are his family. Many sick and injured birds are taken to him to care for, some can be released when well again and some canīt.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

23-04-2016, 09:05 AM

Thank you all, Iīm glad you like the photos. Orihuela is a lovely old place with some very beautiful buildings. However I would never drive in Orihuela, what a nightmare ! Fortunately there is a bridge over the railway line so I can park near the bridge and we then just walk over into the town itself. Itīs a lovely place to wander around, I particularly like to walk along the river paths, I even walked all the way up the mountain to the monastery once, I wonīt do that again in a hurry I can tell you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top