Join for free
Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 08:55 PM

Re: Trump to execute 5 convicted killers

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Do i believe that the mentally ill should not be allowed to live? Do I believe they should be euthanised?

Well I do believe that those unfortunates who do live a life with a very poor quality of life should be candidates for euthanasia as is the case with the Groningen protocol modified to be more inclusive.
Interesting. Especially the "more inclusive" bit. Obvious problems with the decision making processes.

How do you square your beliefs stated here with your previous stated abhorrence to the death penalty, especially since there is a potential synonism between the two? Is euthenasia not the same as an imposed death (ie the sentence imposed for the "crime" of being "unfortunate")?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I am absolutely appalled that you would say such a wicked thing. Clearly, you are an apologist for Nazi doctrine. Shame. Shame. Shame.
FAR from it. All I am proposing is that the option should exist when appropriate.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Interesting. Especially the "more inclusive" bit. Obvious problems with the decision making processes.

How do you square your beliefs stated here with your previous stated abhorrence to the death penalty, especially since there is a potential synonism between the two? Is euthenasia not the same as an imposed death (ie the sentence imposed for the "crime" of being "unfortunate")?
I agree. Back in the days of the Nazi regime, the "unfortunates" like Stephen Hawking would have been euthanized. It frightens the hell out of me that their are people who have not learned anything from history.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	171024-stephen-hawking-mn-0815_953219935e603bb43540a4f0aa4ca100.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	14286  
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 09:04 PM

Capital punishment is principally a punishment.

Euthanasia is not a punishment, it is the exact opposite.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 09:06 PM

FAR from it. All I am proposing is that the option should exist when appropriate.
As you well know, the polemic is in the word "appropriate".

There is a somewhat widely held view that it is "appropriate" to euthanize murderers and terrorists. The trouble is that once one crosses this line of acceptance, one will have made things far easier to cross others.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

13-12-2020, 09:07 PM

Capital punishment is principally a punishment.

Euthanasia is not a punishment, it is the exact opposite.
Removing life is a somewhat permanent response which both of the above advocate.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

13-12-2020, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I agree. Back in the days of the Nazi regime, the "unfortunates" like Stephen Hawking would have been euthanized. It frightens the hell out of me that their are people who have not learned anything from history.
What took place under Aktion T4 is polls apart from having a variation of the Groningen Protocol in place.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

13-12-2020, 09:18 PM

Let's not beat around the bush Todger, once you start advocating euthanasia "where appropriate", then you're well on the way down the road towards Lebensunwertes Leben. The holocaust is then justified by saying that it was done out of love, to stop Jews from suffering the awful existence of their own existence.

That's where the logic leads. Are you sure you want to do that?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

13-12-2020, 09:23 PM

Let's not beat around the bush Todger, once you start advocating euthanasia "where appropriate", then you're well on the way down the road towards Lebensunwertes Leben. The holocaust is then justified by saying that it was done out of love, to stop Jews from suffering the awful existence of their own existence.

That's where the logic leads. Are you sure you want to do that?
Yes, because the extention of the Groningen Protocol does not automatically result in genocide. There is absolutely no link between genocide and mercy killing and never could be. Ever.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

13-12-2020, 09:27 PM

Yes, because the extention of the Groningen Protocol does not automatically result in genocide. There is absolutely no link between genocide and mercy killing and never could be. Ever.
Really? Not sure that's how some might view it.

Anyway, let's look at this "extention" you refer to. Since you brought it up, perhaps you'd like to elucidate on some specific examples that you've got in mind. Who do you think would benefit from this Gnadentod?

Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top