Join for free
Page 64 of 505 « First < 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 164 > Last »
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 04:02 PM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Britain has no reason to “ lock down” anywhere in the country as a whole ?
Are you suggesting there ought not to be anyone or anything coming into it?
It’s too late to prevent the virus coming here,it’s already here isn’t it .
I’m concerned about people who might be feeling symptoms but carry on going into work until they drop .
If they’re carrying this virus how many have they in turn infected ?
The situation now in Tenerife is cause for concern if indeed that one ill person is infected with the Coronovirus . Is the hotel going to be isolated as was the cruise ship ?
Good reply.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 04:39 PM

Just saw a woman in Sainsburys wearing a mask.
My youngest has had a trip to Venice with college cancelled. No idea if they will get money back. One scheduled for France later may not be happening either.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 05:02 PM

At the end of last year I caught a terrible cold which lasted a month and left me with vertigo. I'm sure I caught it from a supermarket till operator who had a dreadful cold, blew her nose in a sopping wet tissue before ringing up my groceries.
We have no chance keeping this virus under control whilst folk don't care about sharing germs.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Just saw a woman in Sainsburys wearing a mask.
My youngest has had a trip to Venice with college cancelled. No idea if they will get money back. One scheduled for France later may not be happening either.
I hate to ask whereabouts you live in the UK TessA.

Those UK schools in the news today are only abut 5 to 10 miles away from me.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 05:30 PM

The novel coronavirus COVID-19 is now affecting 40 countries and territories around the world.

Bahrain now has 23 cases (up from 2)
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
At the end of last year I caught a terrible cold which lasted a month and left me with vertigo. I'm sure I caught it from a supermarket till operator who had a dreadful cold, blew her nose in a sopping wet tissue before ringing up my groceries.
We have no chance keeping this virus under control whilst folk don't care about sharing germs.
I truly detest being served by anyone doing this Tess. I said the same to someone who replied " maybe they can't afford to be off work " ?
One such person telling the tale of how ill she'd been had been working feeling vile with a temperature and severe cough , but still went into work. It simply isn't fair on the rest of us ?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

25-02-2020, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I hate to ask whereabouts you live in the UK TessA.

Those UK schools in the news today are only abut 5 to 10 miles away from me.
I'm in Somerset, not heard of anyone ill with it here yet.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

25-02-2020, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
I truly detest being served by anyone doing this Tess. I said the same to someone who replied " maybe they can't afford to be off work " ?
One such person telling the tale of how ill she'd been had been working feeling vile with a temperature and severe cough , but still went into work. It simply isn't fair on the rest of us ?
I don't think supermarkets should allow sick employees to serve the public. I haven't had such a bad cold for years, it really knocked me for six.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 07:16 PM

Latest:

Italy now has 322 Total Cases
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 08:22 PM

I have just heard that my nephew's friend at college in Italy has just been tested positive...

Page 64 of 505 « First < 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 164 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top