Join for free
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 06:29 PM

Re: The Tarot thread

Ffosse.
What is a 'reversed card' please?
I don't understand what you mean.

Also, knowing about Tarot, are they giving readings of the past, present or future? Or are they personality traits?

Ta muchly.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 06:41 PM

Tarot doesn't so much tell the future as give personality insights and outside forces that may be acting on oneself. Many use it as a tool for self appraisal (including me).

If you were using an actual deck some of the cards might come out upside down (reversed) which gives new meanings. Not everyone uses reverse cards, though.
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 07:13 PM

Ffosse....I am serious when I say that card you drew for me is so "telling" for lack of a better word.

Especially with recent events....breaking free for me is not an option, it is always a must.

Thank you for this insight. Much appreciated.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 07:36 PM

For Mups:

The five of wands

A posse of youths, who are brandishing staves, as if in sport or strife. It is mimic warfare, and hereto correspond the

Divinatory Meanings:
Imitation, as, for example, sham fight, but also the strenuous competition and struggle of the search after riches and fortune. In this sense it connects with the battle of life. Hence some attributions say that it is a card of gold, gain, opulence.

Reversed: Litigation, disputes, trickery, contradiction.

Additional meanings:
Success in financial speculation.

Reversed: Quarrels may be turned to advantage.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Tarot doesn't so much tell the future as give personality insights and outside forces that may be acting on oneself. Many use it as a tool for self appraisal (including me).

If you were using an actual deck some of the cards might come out upside down (reversed) which gives new meanings. Not everyone uses reverse cards, though.
I do.
Here is yours Dreamy
Major Acana
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 07:52 PM

Is anyone allowed to ask for a card? If so please can I take one please?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

18-01-2018, 07:54 PM

For summer:

The 2 of swords:

A hoodwinked female figure balances two swords upon her shoulders.

Divinatory Meanings:
Conformity and the equipoise which it suggests, courage, friendship, concord in a state of arms; another reading gives tenderness, affection, intimacy. The suggestion of harmony and other favourable readings must be considered in a qualified manner, as Swords generally are not symbolical of beneficent forces in human affairs.

Reversed: Imposture, falsehood, duplicity, disloyalty.

Additional meanings:
Gifts for a lady, influential protection for a man in search of help.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

18-01-2018, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I do.
Here is yours Dreamy
Major Acana
Thank you, Sweetie, a most appropriate card.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 07:56 PM

Thank you, Sweetie, a most appropriate card.
A turn for the better.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 08:01 PM

For summer:

The 2 of swords:

A hoodwinked female figure balances two swords upon her shoulders.

Divinatory Meanings:
Conformity and the equipoise which it suggests, courage, friendship, concord in a state of arms; another reading gives tenderness, affection, intimacy. The suggestion of harmony and other favourable readings must be considered in a qualified manner, as Swords generally are not symbolical of beneficent forces in human affairs.

Reversed: Imposture, falsehood, duplicity, disloyalty.

Additional meanings:
Gifts for a lady, influential protection for a man in search of help.
Thankyou, I'm not sure what to make of it though. I suppose that's the advantage of having a one to one reading, the message is deciphered for you

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top