Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 12:53 PM

Well, I’ll Just Have To Smell Then!

I don’t like spray deodorants, as l find them too overpowering and they make me sore.
Yesterday, l went to buy the roll on deodorant Amplex Caring that l have used for years. It is the only one that suits me but it seems to have been discontinued! Grrrrr..

What do you use? Do you prefer spray deodorants or a roll on one?
Don’t you find some of them overpowering and make you sore under your arms?

I read that some spray and roll on deodorants contain Aluminium, so probably that’s why the Amplex Caring suited me as it doesn’t contain it.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 01:08 PM

Re: Well, I’ll Just Have To Smell Then!

I have sensitive skin that reacts to certain deodorants etc so understand your problem arty.

I have used Bionsen for years now as it is Aluminium free which seems to cause reaction.

Always reluctant to suggest things but it is worth a try

Link

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...ucts/254006680
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
I have sensitive skin that reacts to certain deodorants etc so understand your problem arty.

I have used Bionsen for years now as it is Aluminium free which seems to cause reaction.

Always reluctant to suggest things but it is worth a try
solo, Thank You for your recommendation. I have never heard of Bionsen but I will look for it when l go to town.

The reaction to deodorants that don’t suit you is horrible, all the redness and soreness.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

28-11-2019, 01:21 PM

I have just googled Bionsen deodorants and it states that it’s safe for Vegans!
Gosh, l didn’t realise Veganism stretched as far as deodorants!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 01:27 PM

My husband has bad skin allergies and the only deodorant he can use is Clinique. He has tired the Simple range and other non perfumed etc and everything irritates his skin except for Clinique so we are pleased we found at least one that he can wear.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 01:36 PM

Hi

I never smell. so never a problem.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I never smell. so never a problem.
My dog has a damaged nose.

How does he smell?

Awful!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
My husband has bad skin allergies and the only deodorant he can use is Clinique. He has tired the Simple range and other non perfumed etc and everything irritates his skin except for Clinique so we are pleased we found at least one that he can wear.
I use Gillette Sensitive. Others irritated.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Hi

Perception is reality.

Lidl has the same ingredients as Clinique.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 02:49 PM

Not too sure on this one as I have no problems with sensitive skin. But I understood that deodorants don't contain aluminium as all they do is 'deodorise'. Antiperspirants however, are different as they do contain aluminium, that is needed in order to prevent perspiring occurring.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top