Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 08:32 AM

Re: Foxy's Newcastle upon Tyne Experience

Nice set Foxy.

Third one's interesting, could be Lisbon, or many other places.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 08:37 AM

Hexham is a another lovely place to visit.

Your photos are really good, Foxy, I love that part of the world.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Visit Durham whilst you are in that area! I went up to the roof of the cathedral. It was high, so I suggest that going on a gentle summer day is a good idea... or take a warm jumper.
Thanks Twink, I've visited Durham a couple of times in the past and even visited the Cathedral but I didn't know you could go up on the roof...That's definitely one for the future...

I remember sitting in a cafe overlooking the river watching the rowers practice, can't remember what cafe it was....
Probably BHS or something like that. I visited again with some friends one Christmas and it threw it down with rain, after not being able to find a good place to eat, we dashed off to Darlington and found a good Christmas Dinner...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Nice set Foxy.

Third one's interesting, could be Lisbon, or many other places.
Thanks d00d, yes you're right about Lisbon, one of Mrs Foxes favourite places. We visited a couple of times while on cruises. The first time we went I noticed the castle at the top of the steep hill, I was so excited I had to go up there. Non of the group fancied climbing the hill so I went up on my own thinking that I'll get some good photos from the ramparts.

After legging it all the way to the top I stood at the castle gates and fumbled about in my pocket for my wallet (there was an admission fee) Bugger! I had left it in the safe deposit in the cabin and forget to pick it up...

I started to make my way down with my camera in my hand when an old lady gestured towards my camera and in sign language I realised she was pointing me to a viewpoint round the corner. I thanked her and followed her directions, I was amazed to come out on the side of the hill overlooking the harbour....

THE CASTLE

THE VIEWPOINT

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

12-12-2019, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Hexham is a another lovely place to visit.

Your photos are really good, Foxy, I love that part of the world.
Thanks Tabby, I've not been to Hexham, drove past it a few times, will put it on my list....
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks d00d, yes you're right about Lisbon, one of Mrs Foxes favourite places. We visited a couple of times while on cruises. The first time we went I noticed the castle at the top of the steep hill, I was so excited I had to go up there. Non of the group fancied climbing the hill so I went up on my own thinking that I'll get some good photos from the ramparts.

After legging it all the way to the top I stood at the castle gates and fumbled about in my pocket for my wallet (there was an admission fee) Bugger! I had left it in the safe deposit in the cabin and forget to pick it up...

I started to make my way down with my camera in my hand when an old lady gestured towards my camera and in sign language I realised she was pointing me to a viewpoint round the corner. I thanked her and followed her directions, I was amazed to come out on the side of the hill overlooking the harbour....
THE CASTLE

Yeah ... Lisbon's full of surprises.

There are quite a few viaducts (if that's the word) right in the city, a bit like in your Newcastle pic.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top