Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 09:58 PM

Re: Face Creams

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
That would be overkill in my home Art living in a flat I'm in and out of there umpteen times a day. When does your skin ever get a chance to breathe ?
You don't use toner after Pond's cold cream ? So what goes on your skin after that ?You can't keep on piling product upon product onto your face surely .
Toner takes every scrap of make up and the residue from cleanser away which leaves the skin fresh . !
Zuleika, Pardon? I only use Ponds Cold Cream last thing at night to cleanse my skin. I then apply a night cream which at the moment is Nivea Essentials.

The cream l apply in the day, is Astral moisture cream that a hospital consultant told me was the best for your skin. Or Olay 7 Affects day moisture cream.
I can assure you that there is no overkill and l don’t use toner as it’s too drying for me.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 11:15 PM

Do any ladies slap on a bit of Wattle and Daub?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mups, My skin would soon react if l was using something that l was sensitive to. So the Nivea must be fine. (It’s not Q10)
Who’s to say, your skin is any better than ours for the special stuff you put on your face?
My complexion is still good but that might be because every time l go into my bedroom l put moisturiser on my face!

Art, I don't understand why you made that comment?
I wasn't aware this was some sort of competition.
I couldn't give a toss who has 'the best' skin!

As I said in my previous post: "We all choose what we like best, and that is how it should be."

I am not telling anyone what is best, or what they should use, merely saying what I personally, like to use.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 11:57 PM

I had to stop using Nivea Q10 years ago because it was causing an allergy around my eyes. I wish I could use natural products but they also bring up allergic reactions. One of the other reasons I stick to the original Nivea creme is because it is safe in that way.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2019, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I had to stop using Nivea Q10 years ago because it was causing an allergy around my eyes. I wish I could use natural products but they also bring up allergic reactions. One of the other reasons I stick to the original Nivea creme is because it is safe in that way.

Yes exactly Annie.
We all use whatever we like best. It is just personal choice.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2019, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Here is a list of ingredients for the Nivea Q10 face cream for over 60's.

Included:

Aqua, Glycerin, Octocrylene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Methylpropanediol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Isopropyl Palmitate, Octyldodecanol, Dimethicone, Synthetic Beeswax, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Ubiquinone, Creatine, 1-Methylhydantoin-2-Imide, Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil, Calcium Pantothenate, Tocopherol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Trisodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, - Methylpropanediol, Limonene, Parfum.

Now the ingredients for the daily moisturiser:

Warning:

Avoid direct eye contact.

Included:

Aqua, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol, Methylpropanediol, Glyceryl Stearate, Triisostearin, Octocrylene, Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonic Acid, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Chondrus Crispus Extract, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Trisodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, BHT, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Alcohol, Limonene, Geraniol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citral, Benzophenone, Parfum

And so on . .

May I ask the ladies who buy these creams if they have done any research on these chemicals they are putting on their face every day?

Lastly, these are the ingredients of the one I use:

INGREDIENTS: organic rose water, virgin organic shea butter (butyrospermun parkii), unrefined rosehip seed oil (rosa moschata), golden jojoba oil (simmondsia chinensis), evening primrose oil (oenothera biennis), vitamin E oil (tocopherol), vegetable glycerin, emulsifying wax, aspen bark extract, essential oils rosa damascena, bois de rose & cedarwood.

Think I'll stick to my one thanks.
Well ... we really need Realist for this - but - I do know this one- Methylpropanediol is a solvent , this one - Methoxydibenzoylmethane - absorbs UV rays, and at least one of the others is an industrial cleaner. Also - personally, I would not touch anything containing palm oil.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2019, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Do any ladies slap on a bit of Wattle and Daub?
No, Spitty, just the odd dab of Woad here and there, now and then.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

30-12-2019, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Well ... we really need Realist for this - but - I do know this one- Methylpropanediol is a solvent , this one - Methoxydibenzoylmethane - absorbs UV rays, and at least one of the others is an industrial cleaner. Also - personally, I would not touch anything containing palm oil.

I feel the same about BHT as well, Tabs.

See here:

" BHT is not a listed carcinogen, but some data have shown that it does cause cancer in animals."

And another thing - who needs sunscreen in winter?
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2019, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Zuleika, Pardon? I only use Ponds Cold Cream last thing at night to cleanse my skin. I then apply a night cream which at the moment is Nivea Essentials.

The cream l apply in the day, is Astral moisture cream that a hospital consultant told me was the best for your skin. Or Olay 7 Affects day moisture cream.
I can assure you that there is no overkill and l don’t use toner as it’s too drying for me.
Art ,I said it would be overkill for ME if I put moisturiser on each time I went into my bedroom ?
You put a night cream on skin without taking the residue of cold cream off it ?
Toner is actually meant to tighten the skin that’s why it’s called toner but as you say if you have dry skin I can understand why you can’t use it .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2019, 12:57 PM

I always thought toner was a marketing con for teenage girls. I only ever use a cleanser these days (Neal's Yard calendula).

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top