Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 09:43 AM

There must be something going round!

Yestereve I had an SOS from neighbour - would I mind doing some shopping for her - she had run out of milk and bread - and would I walk her little Jack Russell.

This morning my 'westie' owning friend called to say she was poorly - would I mind westie walking.

They both have the same almost 'flu like symptoms - fever, dizziness, aching bones and general malaise.

Not a good start to the year!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 09:55 AM

Re: There must be something going round!

ST my Brother and SIL who live in the Hope Valley (north Derbyshire) so not a million miles from you ST have both had the same virus and been poorly over Chrismas.
I hope you don't get it ST.

I think family travelling around the country at Christmas spread these viruses then we pick them up when active in our local communities.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 01:32 PM

This virus has been on the go all over country since November .
It won’t be killed easily either ,symptoms can last for weeks on and off .
I had it for 3-4 weeks .
It isn’t flu tho.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Yestereve I had an SOS from neighbour - would I mind doing some shopping for her - she had run out of milk and bread - and would I walk her little Jack Russell.

This morning my 'westie' owning friend called to say she was poorly - would I mind westie walking.

They both have the same almost 'flu like symptoms - fever, dizziness, aching bones and general malaise.

Not a good start to the year!
My cousins in Scotland and my sister in London are down with a virus, quite badly in my sister's case. So, maybe it is all over the country.

I hope you keep clear of it, ST.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 01:47 PM

Whatever it is - it sounds horrid! Fortunately I have a very robust immune system - so - fingers crossed - I will escape. All the fresh air and exercise will do me good though - the dogs don't like each other so I have to walk them separately.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 03:35 PM

What you'll need.....
Plenty of tissues
Plenty of liquids
The occasional pain relief and a few cough sweets .[I used Jordan's
Honey and Menthol]

My cough wasn't painful or tight although there was a lot of coughing
day and night and phlegm so I didn't need cough medicine although
I lost my voice and taste for a few days .
I ate fresh oranges and tinned fruit with natural yoghurt twice a day .
which seemed to allevaite the sickly feeling.
As said previously mine lasted 3-4 weeks . Others I speak to think they've got over it then back it comes.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
This virus has been on the go all over country since November .
It won’t be killed easily either ,symptoms can last for weeks on and off .
I had it for 3-4 weeks .
It isn’t flu tho.
I've got it & so has my Daughter, for a few weeks now, no energy & feeling cold too, we also have cold like symptoms with it. Son is ok & Daughter's Partner. It seems a very discriminating virus.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I've got it & so has my Daughter, for a few weeks now, no energy & feeling cold too, we also have cold like symptoms with it. Son is ok & Daughter's Partner. It seems a very discriminating virus.
I have been told it is transmitted by mans of ultra short wave radio
signals??
Donkeyman!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 05:23 PM

Ultra short wave mans, that is possible, there are a lot of short mans around.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 09:42 PM

The war on health continues . . .

Just look after your immune system. Eat good food. Get sunshine when you can.

Throat sweets are useful when you get bouts of uncontrollable tickly coughing esp when in public

Otherwise rest, fluids, chicken broth soup and stay away from pills, potions and tablets

Let your body do what it needs to

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top