Join for free
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2020, 01:02 PM

Something afoot at the local Surgery?

For, about, 10 years I've been collecting my prescribed medications, on a 3 month basis, from my local Lloyd's Pharmacy.

As I leave, I always ticked boxes to show what I would need next time.

Tricky but important if you are on monthly Warfarin dose checks.

This month it all went pear shaped.

There was no package, at Lloyd's, and no prescription.

Lloyd's advice was to go sort it out at the Doctor's surgery.

3 days later, I got to the surgery and found that they now have two new employees. One is a Pharmacist and the other deals with Prescriptions.

The Prescriptions person apologised and said that she would, immediately, restore the prescription and I should go for it in a couple of days.

Which I did - but was surprised to find that I got just the Statins, etc., and no Warfarin.

Went back to the surgery and was promoted to see the "Pharmacist".

She explained that they were trying to reduce waste by cutting out 3 month prescriptions and requiring that new prescriptions must be collected monthly.

When I pointed out that it would have been nice to have been told this, as stopping warfarin might have serious consequences, she said words to the effect that she hadn't thought of that!

Anyway, to cut a long story even longer, I now have my Warfarin.

Also, the medical surgery now has two more staff.

Also the Chemist still has a Pharmacist & Prescriptions person as well.

Anyone else confused by all this?

TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2020, 01:12 PM

Re: Something afoot at the local Surgery?

You would think they would have made sure you were informed and had enough medication to see you through.

When I worked in pharmacy I would have been in big trouble for some of the things I see going on these days!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2020, 01:35 PM

For some reason Mr Mags prescriptions are 3 monthly but mine are 2 monthly, also they deliver his to the door free but I have to collect mine or have to pay to have them delivered.

Why the difference... goodness knows!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2020, 02:51 PM

My local surgery always contacts me via text message..... even though they don't have my number.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2020, 03:02 PM

We've had the same thing at our surgery and it has caused mayhem with my wife's regular medication. She is on 16 regular medications per day, some of which are very strong painkillers (oxycodone, tramadol). The new pharmacy person at the practice does not seem to understand that such medications are not taken for fun, but to stop extreme and permanent pain. Twice in the past two months my wife has had to wait two weeks for painkillers which should be available in three working days. Nightmare!!!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
We've had the same thing at our surgery and it has caused mayhem with my wife's regular medication. She is on 16 regular medications per day, some of which are very strong painkillers (oxycodone, tramadol). The new pharmacy person at the practice does not seem to understand that such medications are not taken for fun, but to stop extreme and permanent pain. Twice in the past two months my wife has had to wait two weeks for painkillers which should be available in three working days. Nightmare!!!
Ah! Does that mean that a new post, of Pharmacist, has been done in the surgery?

Or was it just a replacement person?

I suspect that there may be a little ill will going on between the Chemists & the practice (in my case.)
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Ah! Does that mean that a new post, of Pharmacist, has been done in the surgery?

Or was it just a replacement person?

I suspect that there may be a little ill will going on between the Chemists & the practice (in my case.)
Yes, it's a new pharmacist position in the practice!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top