Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 04:15 PM

My Latest S.O.B event

This morning I set up my sat nav and drove up the M3, round the M25, onto the M40, and then on, through all that traffic & stress, to Harefield Hospital for my Annual Pacemaker Check.

The Parking at the Hospital was horrendous, but I managed to get a slot after an hour.

I just made it, in time, for my 11 am appointment.

Trouble was, I had mis-read my card and was there a week early!

Another in the list of stupid Old B... activities!

Anyway, the staff fitted me in, sympathetically, and I was through and out ahead of time!

Thanks again NHS. Will definitely try harder in future.

I bet nobody else makes these stupid mistakes....?

longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 04:59 PM

Re: My Latest S.O.B event

Reading your post took me back a few years when I was under Nuffield House at The Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Brum.

Drove all the way there from SE London traffic was chaotic M1 and M6.

Yes I was 2 days early when I looked at my appointment letter I showed them..

Once again the nurses and doctors were so kind and understanding.

NHS were would we old buggers be without you..
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 05:30 PM

Ted, When l read the first bit of your post, my heart sank. Then l read the good bit and l was so happy that they saw you.

Longfellow, You were lucky too.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Reading your post took me back a few years when I was under Nuffield House at The Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Brum.

Drove all the way there from SE London traffic was chaotic M1 and M6.

Yes I was 2 days early when I looked at my appointment letter I showed them..

Once again the nurses and doctors were so kind and understanding.

NHS were would we old buggers be without you..
Ah! LF,

That makes me feel better!

mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 06:14 PM

A couple of years ago one Saturday morning, I walked 3 miles to the hospital for a renal scan. It was a bit quiet in there. I too had gone there a week early. I walked back home again. My son had come with me. He must have thought his Dad was going daft (probably am).

I had to go back a week later on the right date.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
This morning I set up my sat nav and drove up the M3, round the M25, onto the M40, and then on, through all that traffic & stress, to Harefield Hospital for my Annual Pacemaker Check.

The Parking at the Hospital was horrendous, but I managed to get a slot after an hour.

I just made it, in time, for my 11 am appointment.

Trouble was, I had mis-read my card and was there a week early!

Another in the list of stupid Old B... activities!

Anyway, the staff fitted me in, sympathetically, and I was through and out ahead of time!

Thanks again NHS. Will definitely try harder in future.

I bet nobody else makes these stupid mistakes....?

I bet you are wrong!!

Anyway, you made it! Results OK?

And yes, parking at Harefield hospital is bloody awful.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

09-01-2020, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I bet you are wrong!!

Anyway, you made it! Results OK?

And yes, parking at Harefield hospital is bloody awful.
True.

Yes, results OK but battery check required in 6 months.

This has been in for nearly 10 years!

Apparently they can do this by just popping in a "can" with battery inside. Doesn't even require overnight stay.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
True.

Yes, results OK but battery check required in 6 months.

This has been in for nearly 10 years!

Apparently they can do this by just popping in a "can" with battery inside. Doesn't even require overnight stay.
Well at least you will not have to be put on charge overnight so that's something!
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 12:24 AM

Ted may I ask have you tried using NHS transport.
When I stopped going to Birmingham because to be honest it was doing me in for about 4 days afterwards all the stress of driving and the tests and all the bloods.
So I got referred to The Royal Brompton in Fulham and with me living out near Southend it was going to be another long drive with the possibility of struggling to park.

So I tried the NHS transport.
You go through the receptionist of your GP she will ask you why you require transport and you just say something like I can't use public transport its to many changes and its also to far to drive.
Worked for me, you should give it a try.

They will pick you up at your front door and drop you at the entrance of the hospital and collect and drop you home once you are finished.
You are entitled to this service its what you paid your stamp for all those years and your taxes.
Good luck.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

10-01-2020, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Ted may I ask have you tried using NHS transport.
When I stopped going to Birmingham because to be honest it was doing me in for about 4 days afterwards all the stress of driving and the tests and all the bloods.
So I got referred to The Royal Brompton in Fulham and with me living out near Southend it was going to be another long drive with the possibility of struggling to park.

So I tried the NHS transport.
You go through the receptionist of your GP she will ask you why you require transport and you just say something like I can't use public transport its to many changes and its also to far to drive.
Worked for me, you should give it a try.

They will pick you up at your front door and drop you at the entrance of the hospital and collect and drop you home once you are finished.
You are entitled to this service its what you paid your stamp for all those years and your taxes.
Good luck.
Wow!

Didn't know that.

Will get to work on it.

Thanks for the tip.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top