Join for free
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 12:37 PM

Life Drawing BBC 4

Life Drawing, New Drawing Class on BBC 4
it is quite long about 90 minutes.

Th public can follow and contribute and send their work in as well.It is very interesting to watch.

In the studio are assorted artists, some complete beginners and some Celebrities a well
There are nude models to draw in various poses some last only three minutes.

There is very little instruction about bones and musculature of the body by the two processional tutors who presume we all know this plus painting terms as well

The last pose of thirty minutes is a dual pose with nude male an female in a classical pose with drapes over sensitive parts.
i don't think any one will faint if they see full frontal.

How on earth is a beginner going to draw this pose when it is difficult even for a professional artist to Draw.?

Still looking forward to next Tuesday
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 12:39 PM

Re: Life Drawing BBC 4

Originally Posted by Azure ->

Th public can follow and contribute and send their work in as well.It is very interesting to watch.

In the studio are assorted artists, some complete beginners and some Celebrities a well

There is very little instruction about bones and musculature of the body by the two processional tutors who presume we all know this plus painting terms as well

The last pose of thirty minutes is a dual pose with nude male an female in a classical pose with drapes over sensitive parts.

How on earth is a beginner going to draw this pose when it is difficult even for a professional artist to Draw.?

Thanks azure, that sounds very interesting. I am always surprised by the different styles in these programmes and we tend to have our favourites.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->

From my point of view, most beginners will benefit from studying Leonardo's drawings of the human body with all the muscles exposed so that they can get an idea of what is under the skin. You are right about the beginner, they do not stand much of a chance.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Thanks azure, that sounds very interesting. I am always surprised by the different styles in these programmes and we tend to have our favourites.
You can see all the lessons and participants on BBC 4.

Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

05-02-2020, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
From my point of view, most beginners will benefit from studying Leonardo's drawings of the human body with all the muscles exposed so that they can get an idea of what is under the skin. You are right about the beginner, they do not stand much of a chance.
You are right , LongDriver

Leonardo was the supreme Master of drawing the Human Body.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top