Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 11:05 AM

Re: Channel 4's Barrymore, The Body in The Pool - 06/02/20

Originally Posted by Mups ->
And what about the police blunder of missing items then?

Quote from Caricature's link:

" DCI Jennings explained that the scene had been secured "but not to the standard we would expect."

He also spoke about two key items of possible forensic interest that disappeared from the crime scene.

A pool thermometer and a handle from an outhouse both found near the Jacuzzi went missing from the scene.

He said: "They have never been recovered and I am really, really interested to find out what happened to them."

Unquote

This was a murder scene for heaven's sake, why wasn't proper care taken in sealing the area off?

As Susan said, it may well not have been Barrymore himself who was guilty, but he knows more than he is saying and should be made to give evidence.
IIRC, from the documentary, 3 other "items of interest" - a towel, a bathrobe and a pair of swim-shorts - all found poolside, with blood on - were never thoroughly investigated .....
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 12:33 PM

Surely, those who are complicit in the circumstances that led to murder are guilty of murder.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
Surely, those who are complicit in the circumstances that led to murder are guilty of murder.

Well accomplices to it, anyway.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 02:46 PM

Police have 'new information' in Barrymore pool death probe

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-51413572

Detectives investigating the death of a man whose body was found in entertainer Michael Barrymore's pool say they have new information about the case after a renewed appeal last week.

Police offered a £20,000 reward for information leading to a conviction.

They are now following up several calls.

The new senior investigating officer said three people previously arrested, including Barrymore, had not been "completely eliminated".
Perhaps, finally, the truth will be revealed and the guilty brought to justice .....
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 10:37 PM

In circumstances like this often there are many hoax calls made . I honestly think it's too.late for justice for Stuart. They all know the truth but it wont be told
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

17-03-2021, 11:13 AM

Stuart Lubbock: Murder arrest over death in Michael Barrymore pool

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-56427710

A 50-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of the indecent assault and murder of Stuart Lubbock at the home of Michael Barrymore. The man was arrested in Cheshire and is being questioned in custody, Essex Police said.

Reacting to news of the arrest, Mr Lubbock's father Terry said: "There is just so much going on in my head. I can't get my head around it. Of course I'm happy. Of course this is good news. But it's been 20 years. This has nearly killed me. All I've been living for is to get justice for Stuart."

In February, the 76-year-old said he had only months to live after being diagnosed with terminal cancer.

Mr Barrymore, who became a household name for shows such as Strike It Lucky, has always denied involvement in the death. Speaking last year, he said: "I have had nothing to do with this whatsoever and yet I keep getting bashed and bullied by the media."
Justice may yet prevail ..... but perhaps too late for Terry Lubbock .....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 11:15 AM

I feel so heart sorry for the father. I hope he does live to see justice being done for his son - it must be every parents worse nightmare.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 06:48 PM

He was the poor SOB found unconscious in Michael Barrymore's swimming pool and who soon after died in hospital. His death was due to horrendous injuries details of which can be found by a single rattle of any search engine.

Anyway the Old Bill have finally made an arrest so finally someone must have broken cover and 'fessed up to who did what.

GOOD

It's going to be interesting what now emerges.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 06:55 PM

I didn’t know who he was ,not until you mentioned it,TAT...Michael Barrymore showbiz career took a nosedive after that, and never recovered I believe.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

17-03-2021, 06:56 PM

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/202...s-home-in-2001

New information leading to the arrest came to light following a Channel 4 documentary and police appeal with an increased reward, Essex Police said.

Detective Superintendent Lucy Morris told reporters that the man who was arrested in Cheshire continues to be questioned by detectives.

This arrest is almost 20 years to the day since Stuart was found unconscious in a swimming pool following a party at a home in Roydon. He later died in hospital.

The detective said that over the coming days police will be contacting all those who were present at the party at the time, as well as others who may have information.
A-ha ..... Barrymore better be ready .....

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top