Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 05:23 PM

Re: Diddums! Poor Varadkar!

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Knowing Ireland, they will have another vote

As for Varadkar, before he opens his stupid gob and has a go at the UK, he should remember Ireland isn't in NATO, has no army, navy or air force and relies on the UK for protection.

They also owe the UK billions for what we donated to them in foreign aid to bail them out in the financial crash.
Hi

We did not donate it, we lent it them.

They pay interest on it and the Capital is due for repayment in 2021.
https://www.irishtimes.com/business/...loan-1.3053791

We lent it them as it was in our interests to do so.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 05:30 PM

Should have loaned them NOTHING.

Let them fail.

Eire has been a source of terrorism against us for well over a hundred years.

I'm waiting to see an end to the awful and WRONG CTA.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Should have loaned them NOTHING.

Let them fail.

Eire has been a source of terrorism against us for well over a hundred years.

I'm waiting to see an end to the awful and WRONG CTA.
Hi

I agree about the Common Travel Area.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 07:24 PM

I see Sinn Fein caused controversy at a counting station last night by holding up their flag and singing old IRA rebel songs. A taste of what is to come?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Knowing Ireland, they will have another vote

As for Varadkar, before he opens his stupid gob and has a go at the UK, he should remember Ireland isn't in NATO, has no army, navy or air force and relies on the UK for protection.
Have you never heard of Óglaigh na hÉireann?

Since 1924, Óglaigh na hÉireann has remained the official Irish-language title for the Defence Forces, which are recognised by the Irish Government as the only legitimate armed forces of the independent state on the island of Ireland. They encompass the Army, Air Corps, Naval Service and Reserve Defence Forces.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I agree about the Common Travel Area.
Totally disagree re: the Common Travel Area.

The CTA is the best thing we have in our relations with EIRE.

I suggest people get over Varadker and his EU puppet stsance and look at the value, for ordinary folk, of the CTA.

Irish Nationalism aside, we have a unique and wonderful relationship with Southern Ireland.

Don't let the Fascist EU and Lefty career politicians spoil that.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I see Sinn Fein caused controversy at a counting station last night by holding up their flag and singing old IRA rebel songs. A taste of what is to come?
You can go into pubs in London,Bristol Glasgow and Cardiff and hear Irish rebel songs.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Totally disagree re: the Common Travel Area.

The CTA is the best thing we have in our relations with EIRE.

I suggest people get over Varadker and his EU puppet stsance and look at the value, for ordinary folk, of the CTA.

Irish Nationalism aside, we have a unique and wonderful relationship with Southern Ireland.

Don't let the Fascist EU and Lefty career politicians spoil that.
BREXIT is an anathema to the CTA which simply can not be allowed to continue. We MUST finally put up strong barriers to Eire. It's going to mean customs and national borders in place, otherwise Eire becomes a back door for god knows what from the EU and that must not be permitted.

There's an interesting situation where the Isle of Man is concerned.

Either a UK national border must be constructed on the place or transport from the isle of man must only be via designated ports of entry on the British mainland.

Personally I favour abandoning the CTA altogether. It has not served Britain and especially England well.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

11-02-2020, 09:59 AM

You can go into pubs in London,Bristol Glasgow and Cardiff and hear Irish rebel songs.
I certainly wouldn't ever use such pubs. I have standards.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 10:14 AM

When I worked in London in the early 1970s there were pubs you wouldn't go into unless you were Irish. It was said that a bucket was passed round during the evening for contributions to the IRA. Most of my colleagues wouldn't even walk past such pubs, just to be on the safe side!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top