Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2020, 11:27 PM

Dogs in shops

Did you know you can take dog into John Lewis department store? We only found this out a few days ago, normally, one of us waits outside with him but we were told he was welcome to come in and the staff made such a fuss over him. He loved it. The only place he can't go is the cafe for obvious reasons.

We then moved on to Sketchers shoe shop and he was welcome in there too.

Which shops do you take your dog into?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2020, 11:47 PM

Re: Dogs in shops

Oh that is nice that shops are starting to realise that dogs are no more dirty than most humans. It's a bit ridiculous to make a fuss about dogs when you don't know whether the human you allow in washed their hands when they went to the loo and are probably laden in germs.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2020, 11:47 PM

Good for you Dongle, but I am am quite surprised though.
I'd never leave mine outside on their own - ever.

I remember once when one of mine was only a puppy, and I popped into Nationwide. I was carrying her in my arms, but was immediately set upon by a staff member. The old bat said dogs weren't allowed in there.

I explained no way was I leaving a puppy outside and what harm could she do in my arms. The stupid (obviously dog hating individual), said she might have a fight with another dog!!

She'd have a bloomin' job fighting in my arms wouldn't she, apart from the fact no other dogs were in there anyway!
Pointless arguing, you could see she wanted us OUT, so I told her I was not leaving her, and walked out.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 12:02 AM

Some car boots welcome dogs, some don't, but most of the markets & fairs do. Some stall holders even bring their dogs, who sit or lie happily in their beds, but are willing to be made a fuss of if a customer wants to pet them. At one fair there is a Greyhound who sits regally on his chair & greets all who stop, he is promoting Greyhound rescue, with posters around his chair.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 12:04 AM

None, my dogs past and present have never been taken shopping.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 12:24 AM

I would never take a dog when going shopping - for the dog's sake - not mine. The smaller ones are often trampled on and the bigger ones are caught by shopping bags etc., - not a lot of fun for the dogs. I have never understood why anyone would take a dog shopping.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I would never take a dog when going shopping - for the dog's sake - not mine. The smaller ones are often trampled on and the bigger ones are caught by shopping bags etc., - not a lot of fun for the dogs. I have never understood why anyone would take a dog shopping.

Yes, that can be very true Tabs, and I don't usually take them shopping with me.

In my case with the pup though, as I remember, we were on our way home from the vets, that's why she was with me, and it was too hot to leave her shut in the car.

It was the woman's hostile attitude that annoyed me.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 12:59 AM

For the sake of everybody else, I'd never take my dog shopping. He's a great little (biggish) guy and very friendly but he'd wreck the joint. Too hard.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 01:58 AM

I leave my dog outside of Waitrose sometimes .
I am never very long .
He’s a border collie .
People are less likely to stead them as opposed to a labradoodle or french bulldog .
Curries let’s you take dogs however after walking around looking at fridges my super hyper collie was so bored he lay down on the floor and tried to doze off .
I admit I felt like joining him .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, that can be very true Tabs, and I don't usually take them shopping with me.

In my case with the pup though, as I remember, we were on our way home from the vets, that's why she was with me, and it was too hot to leave her shut in the car.

It was the woman's hostile attitude that annoyed me.
That is a very understandable exception, Mups, and what a nasty silly woman you encountered!

I go to the Malton Food Festival most years - and have to say I am appalled at the way people bring their dogs along.

1) The dogs smell all the delicious food samples cooking and - naturally - become excited. The owners tug their leads, even smack them with the end of lead, and shout at them.

2) The Festival is popular and always crowded - the poor dogs are kicked and stepped on, run into by 'pull along' trolleys or bashed on the head with shopping bags.

3) Not all dogs like meeting other dogs - especially under stressful circumstances.

Much the same happens in our local market in town. It cannot possibly be an enjoyable experience for the dogs - can it?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top