Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 07:29 PM

Re: Dogs in shops

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
As others have said, we would never leave him on his own outside a shop and would never leave him in the car either but due to the increase in dog thefts from houses, we don't like leaving him at home either. So it's a quick shop (very quick because I hate shopping anyway).

There are a lot of dog friendly pubs in the area and increasingly, dog friendly cafes/restaurants. the Donkey sanctuary is a good example.
I love the Donkey Sanctuary. I have an adopted mule, Millie.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I love the Donkey Sanctuary. I have an adopted mule, Millie.
We go there regularly and have their Cinnamon toast.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
We go there regularly and have their Cinnamon toast.
We spend most of the day there. My friend was so disappointed she couldn't adopt Dartanion. We all were, we love the French Poitou donkeys. I wanted Percy.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
If guide dogs are allowed in a supermarket then i don't see why regular dogs can't go in. When you go to the med pets are allowed to sit with people who are dining outside same with pubs here inside and outside. I don't see the hygiene issue.

Some people are phobic with dogs but then some are phobic with humans.

I think the main difference there is, proper Assistance/Guide dogs are highly trained, and need to be of exceptional temperament, Annie.
Sadly, some household pets are not either!

I have seen dogs trying to pinch the biscuits in Pets at Home, as well as weeing and even pooing.
I very much doubt you would see a trained guide dog doing any of those things when working.

As usual, it is the few who spoil it for the many.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 09:33 PM

I've never taken my dog in a shop as I don't take him with me when I shop but I do know Whitby and Bridlington are very dog friendly and even have cafes there where you can take your dog.

It wouldn't worry me anyone bringing a dog into a cafe really but I know it bothers some people.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I think the main difference there is, proper Assistance/Guide dogs are highly trained, and need to be of exceptional temperament, Annie.
Sadly, some household pets are not either!

I have seen dogs trying to pinch the biscuits in Pets at Home, as well as weeing and even pooing.
I very much doubt you would see a trained guide dog doing any of those things when working.

As usual, it is the few who spoil it for the many.
Oh that is embarassing weeing and pooing, but the owners must have been moritified?!

My worst pet poo experience was with a cat at the vets. Hardly my fault. She was simply showing her appreciation for being put in a box and driven to the vets!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Oh that is embarassing weeing and pooing, but the owners must have been moritified?!

My worst pet poo experience was with a cat at the vets. Hardly my fault. She was simply showing her appreciation for being put in a box and driven to the vets!
My dog once pooed in the Vets, you are right, I was mortified
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
My dog once pooed in the Vets, you are right, I was mortified
Oh I'm sorry to hear it happened to you too LQ!

We didn't realise the cat did a poo until the smell hit us! The vet was unsurprisingly unimpressed. Said it happened all the time, I'm sure she was just being polite.

The last time I took the same cat to the vet she did a poo in the cat carrier on the way home in the car. There is nothing in life quite like driving in a car stuck in traffic with a cat poo smell and a cat meowing loudly in protest at the indignity of it all...
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 09:10 AM

I don’t think dogs should go into supermarkets but it would be nice if there was somewhere outside such as a few lock up kennels / pens where they owners could leave them safe .
Although it’s true you don’t need to go shopping with a dog.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 12:38 PM

I know it must be embarrassing if your dog poos inside a shop or vets but if the place is 'dog friendly', then they must be prepared for it. I have found since moving to Devon that almost everyone has a dog and if places were not 'dog friendly', they would have a lot less customers.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top