Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2020, 09:22 PM

Re: The Bane of my Life! - THE SWEDE.

I made a lovely curry with sweet potato chunk, lentils & chickpeas.

Swede ... pah ...wishy washy, not proper nosh for a hard working vegan.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
53 posts about a vegetable, now 54! Now that's pretty good going, often posts about far more serious subjects than that don't even get one post!
Fascinating isn't it Baz?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Xandra ->
There are so many lovely vegetables out there, I think swedes would come pretty low on my top hundred.
Potatoes are probably the most versatile, but which are the most delicious?
As belonging to Irish stock, there has always only ever been one potato variety in my household, as it was when my Dad had a garden full of them....the great Desiree... a beautiful red potato with a yellowy cream potato when peeled. For new potatoes, it was always the Jersey Royal for years until the interfering EU stopped Jersey having the always used seaweed as fertilizer and the authentic taste disappeared forever. Now I buy only Charlotte or Lincoln new potatoes as they have a great flavour.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 12:20 PM

Hey - now we are out of eurofilth will Jersey Royals return to their proper flavour?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 12:27 PM

53 posts about a vegetable, now 54! Now that's pretty good going, often posts about far more serious subjects than that don't even get one post!
Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Fascinating isn't it Baz?
Very, it certainly beats many other threads about other subjects. I will definitely have to think about what threads to start in future!

Now, I wonder, how about a thread in favour of the humble Brussels sprout?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

25-02-2020, 12:43 PM

Very, it certainly beats many other threads about other subjects. I will definitely have to think about what threads to start in future!

Now, I wonder, how about a thread in favour of the humble Brussels sprout?
Why Not?? typical when it is the top veggie that those taking Warfarin (Moi) should avoid as this little beauty is packed with Vitamin K. Like Marmite, Sprouts you either love or hate. I happen to love them but boo, hoo, can't have them.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

25-02-2020, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Hey - now we are out of eurofilth will Jersey Royals return to their proper flavour?

ST, that is my fervent hope as well. It's almost 25 years now since it was banned. I was still the idiot who waited for the first baby Jersey Royals to come onto the shelf and pay ridiculous money such as £3 for a tiny bag of them to accompany one meal just so I could get a taste of that beautiful earthy, unique Jersey Royal taste.

I thought at first it was my age and that I was perhaps losing my taste buds, but no, the EU had ruined that potato for ever. RATBAGS!

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top